Only the first day of student teaching and already I have so much to do. This is my reward for being uber-productive: having to follow through and complete my productivity. No worries, I know this will benefit me in the long run. I'm pretty tired, probably because I didn't get very good sleep last night. No worries, I'll make sure to be in bed early tonight. That means I need to get crackin' on school work very soon which leaves me so little time to blog. Oh well, I knew this is how it would be and I'm cool with it.
Overall today went well. I was really nervous this morning but as the day went on I grew more comfortable at the school. I think it's going to be a really good semester and I'm really looking forward to start teaching next week (right now I'm just observing and getting the hang of things). I don't know what else to say, today was a pretty simple day, not much more complex than my observation day in May. The school day actually flew by and this week will be nice because it's only a four day week due to labor day. Nice way to ease my way in, no? Still, lots of work to do already with calendars, seating charts, and changes to my units. And-here-we-go, as the Joker would say.
Not much else going on here. No movies or books to review, sadly. Sure I could review Antigone or Maus II but I may bore you. Antigone is great if you're into classical studies of drama and Maus II is a wonderful graphic novel that is also a biography about a Holocaust survivor. For the next month these two texts will consume my life. As you can see, I already have nothing to write about except for student teaching. Oh, and the fact that I wish I had money coming in right now. Expenses just keep popping up and there's nothing I can do about them. For instance, my computer screen has been pretty dirty so I went to Staples to buy a cleaner and it was like 20 bucks for a spray and a microfiber rag. Sure it looks really nice now but that stuff piles up. I can't wait until I'm making real money again, it will be wonderful. Wow this post was lame haha. Oh, I'm really excited for the creative writing class, and I'm hoping that the students will inspire me and that I can equally inspire them. And today I found out that my co-op is a writer too and she's working on publishing novels, so cool right? Ok time to get down to business, here I come schoolwork.
No worries.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete