So I was thinking about my recent blog post about cooking at home as opposed to eating out and I concluded that this I personally want to cook more at home. I currently live in my mom's house where the cooking duties rarely fall on my shoulders and I find myself sometimes disappointed with the quality of the food (sorry mom). I've always been given free range to cook in the kitchen and I think that I am finally going to take advantage of such freedom on a more consistent basis. I have decided that this year I will attempt to cook a new recipe once a week, for the rest of the year. I also think that I am going to coordinate my cooking efforts on nights that my friends are available so that I can invite people over to enjoy my cooking. And I now have four New Year's resolutions.
One resource that I see myself tapping into is the Magazine, Cooking Light. This magazine features numerous recipes that are both low calorie and easy to make. I think these recipes would be perfect for me as I won't usually have all day to put extravagant meals together. It's funny, now that I think about how I'm writing about a cooking adventure on a blog I almost feel like I'm in that movie Julie & Julia. No worries, I won't blog about my cooking efforts to that extent, but if I make something that turns out exceptionally well I may be sharing it on here. So I now have four New Year's resolutions: six pack, write everyday, eliminate negative thinking, and cook something new every week. Let's see how I do sticking to them all. If I know you personally and you have any suggestions or requests for dishes please send them my way so that we can coordinate some dinner parties. Should be a good year.
Julia Child didn't think very highly of Julia Powell and thought that her blog was insincere and a publicity stunt. Julia Powell was also a big cheating whore who cheated on her husband once she got famous. Other than that, good movie.
ReplyDeleteEmeril Schwarzeneger Shakespeare without negative thoughts thats something. Sidney ill see you at one of these dinners.
ReplyDelete