Sunday, January 16, 2011

No Idea Where This is Going

I'll be honest, I have nothing particularly interesting to write about tonight.  I'm just drawing a blank right now, sitting here, trying to think of something to write about.  I guess today wasn't too interesting, I slept in, ate breakfast, then went to Starbucks to read for a little bit.  Starbucks is nice because I don't feel the cabin fever of being stuck in my house, and there's the possibility of social interaction being out in public.  I must say though the one thing I cannot stand is the people who come to Starbucks and treat it like it's there office, constantly on their cell phones talking business.  I think in general people having prolonged cell phones conversations in public places like Starbucks bothers me.  It's like hey people nobody else here cards about or wants to hear your conversation.  I'm sure these mobile workers are at Starbucks for the same purpose as me, to get out of the house, but what's the point if all you're doing is talking loudly on the phone.? Now that I think more about it, Starbucks isn't a library and one of the negative aspects of going out to a public place is that it's a shared space and you have to be able to deal with other people in that space.  That same working person on there cell phone could be having a conversation with a person in Starbucks, and should I be annoyed by that?  I mean it is a public place meant for social gathering, so why should someone not be able to go and have a conversation there.  Interesting how some mild thinking has led me to completely change my opinion on a topic, sorry if you're confused.  Something I'll have to work on I guess; not getting annoyed at people who have prolonged cell phone conversations in places that are not libraries or movie theaters.  It's just part of sharing the world with nearly 7 billion other humans.

Let's see what else happened today.  I watched some playoff football; I could write about that but I'll leave that content for my sports-specific blog.  I should really start looking into full-time work for the summer so that I can save money for the fall when I'll be student teaching and not working.  I have a couple of ideas but nothing solid as of right now for summer time work.  I figure if I can't find anything related to education I could always find a painting job somewhere so we'll just have to see what happens.  I'm really getting sick of my life as a student, I can't wait to get a job and start making money.  A lack of income can be such a stresser, and it'll be really nice once that changes for me.  Just one of those things that I'll need to stay positive about, knowing that in a year I'll be done with school and I'll be able to get a teaching job where I'll be making nice money, which will allow me to move out and officially start my life as a functioning adult in society.  Of course being a teacher will only be my source of consistent income; as I hope that eventually I can reach more people than just my students through my writing.  Maybe that's my ultimate goal with my writing and in life, to positively affect the lives of as many people as possible.  That's how I'll measure my success, not money or fame, but the amount of people whose lives I changed for the better.  Hooray.

4 comments:

  1. unless 50 million dollars is involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, if 50 million dollars was involved I wouldn't need a steady job, just some quiet space and plenty of time to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to buy a giant Catamaran and sail from Annapolis down to Key West.

    ReplyDelete