Wednesday, January 26, 2011

When Will They Catch on?

Now I don't mean for this to be a complaint, as I don't mind having classes canceled due to inclement weather, but when is the Borough of West Chester going to accept the fact that in Pennsylvania it snows during the winter months, and when snow falls the roads have to be plowed?  I mean seriously I'm sure the borough has money, why can't they buy a few plow trucks and take care of the snow?  Sure it's nice if you're a student attending a school in West Chester, but it makes you wonder why this problem continues to go on.   Today I drove to my sister's new house to help her out with a couple of things and on my way there I had no trouble driving on the roads.  Now I do drive a car with all wheel drive, making it very efficient in the snow, but all of the main roads were clear and some of the back roads needed some plowing.  Overall the situation was very much under control, way to go Htown for knowing how to handle snowfall.  Now if my home town can do it why can't the Borough of West Chester catch on and do the same thing?  It just boggles my mind that this issue continues, but hey now I have more time to do my schoolwork, even though I'll be doing it right after I finish this so that I don't fall behind. 

I had to start writing this post now so that I can get going on my reading and schoolwork.  I've had a lot so far but it's not that bad, mostly just reading and busy work.  You know, like 2-page papers and article responses for classes but nothing that is too mentally taxing, just time consuming.  I'll take that over some of the drubbing academic essays that I have to read in my grad level English classes anyway.  I mean seriously, I don't know how PhDs read so many academic essays, I check out so quickly with those.  People wonder why I read young adult books like Harry Potter and the Percy Jackson series, but after all of the academic essays that are thrown at me I need a break with some fun reading.  Anyway I'll probably have another school cancellation tomorrow which is nice, but I now have to go and do my work anyway so that I don't fall behind.  Plenty of work coming up this weekend as well, I guess you can say I'm fully back into the swing of things with school.  Hopefully my writing won't suffer as a result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment