Did you make a New Year's Resolution this year? How about last year and the year before? I know I did, only last year was the first year I ever followed through on a New Year's resolution, actually five of them to be exact. I won't go into details as some of them were somewhat personal but most notably was my commitment to fitness and dieting; which yielded me results that I had never seen before. This year I have started out with three New Year's Resolutions. In no particular order regarding importance they are: get a six pack (abdominal muscles not beer), write something every day, and eliminate negative thinking. If you're laughing right now go ahead; take a second and enjoy it. It is a little funny that one of my New Year's resolutions is a six pack, but hey if I'm working out hard and eating well don't I deserve some results to show for it? I think so and I also find that when you make specific fitness goals you have something to strive for, not just general fitness and exercise. This goal will push me to continue my work outs even when I'm tired or discouraged. I will no that all of my time and effort will pay off in regards to my health, fitness level, and physical appearance.
My second resolution of writing everyday mainly has to do with this blog. I find that the only way I am going to improve myself as a writer will be to write as much as possible. This blog is for me to share things about myself and things that I have learned with whoever chooses to read it. When I eventually begin writing novels I will be writing them for me, about what I choose to write about regardless of their marketability. If they can sell that would be wonderful, and if not than at least I'll know that I did something for me, that gave me joy and fulfillment.
The last resolution that I mentioned of expelling negative thinking is a general trend in my life that I would like to eliminate. Thinking negatively only hurts one's progress, creativity, and happiness. Nobody accomplished great things without thinking that they could do so, and if I want to do great things in my life I must begin with a positive attitude towards my endeavors. For instance, Marconi didn't invent the radio by thinking that he couldn't do it, he worked his butt off until he built one of the most monumental technological achievements of his time. People accomplish amazing feats by believing in themselves and working hard towards their goals. I want to be happy and successful moving forward in life, and I feel that positive thinking is the first step towards both.
So enough about me and my resolutions, if you're still reading this take time to reflect on your own New Year's resolution(s) of the past and present. Think about resolutions that you've made and followed through on or maybe resolutions that you've made and forgot about. Now think about what you want to accomplish this coming year. If you already have goals in mind then great job, and if not no worries. It's never too late to make a goal or resolution, but having no goals will likely lead to little progress and growth with your life. It's important for all of us to make goals in order to better ourselves and those around us. Nobody's perfect and we can always work on ourselves to be the best possible people that we can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment