Here I go once again starting this post off with no idea where it's headed. Maybe if I start to recount my day I'll come up with something interesting and insightful to focus on. I woke up around 9 am, ate breakfast and then got moving on some homework. I worked diligently until about 12:30ish after which I did some laundry, dishes, and exercised. The workout was good, I felt drained afterwords, but the good kind of drained like you really feel like you did something you know? Last year I totally changed my philosophy on weightlifting, adopting a high intensity full-body circuit for my weight/resistance training routine. I came to realize that if I wasn't out of breathe and exhausted or sweating profusely I really wasn't getting a very good workout. I can now say that after all of my circuits I am absolutely dead, and I feel that I worked my muscles as hard as I could. One of the best feelings in the world is the endorphin rush that follows a tough workout, seriously makes you feel like you could conquer the world. Anyway, after that I did some more schoolwork, ate lunch and then went to work. Work wasn't bad, a typical Monday night. Alright where can I take this, I still haven't gotten anything solid to focus on. Sure I went on a mini tangent about working out but I can do better than that.
Ok, here we go. So I recently discovered Pandora, the online radio site, and I absolutely love it. I just plug ion a band that I like and create a radio station and then Pandora plays me music from that band and others a lot like it. I made a Muse, Senses fail, and Red Hot Chili Peppers station. Ok I confess, I also made a Lady Gaga station, what can I saw I'm a sucker for fun pop music and I love the Gaga. She's absolutely wonderful, does whatever she wants, wears whatever she wants, and she's a friend to the gays so you've got to love her. I'm not gay but I have gay friends and it's nice to see a celebrity who so openly supports gays. Anyway, I feel like I discovered Pandora way after everyone else but it's still so fascinating to me. A lot of times I catch on to things after everyone else has already known about them, for instance Harry Potter. I started reading Harry Potter when the seventh book had already been out and while the sixth movie was in theaters. Right now I'm obsessed with the show Weeds and it's about to begin it's 7th season. I started watching over winter break and I'm about halfway through the 4th season (thank you netflix for instantly streaming all of the seasons and becoming my new addiction). Let's see what else, I got an XBOX 360 way after everyone else, still don't have a flat screen, finally at the age of 24 feel like I know how to dress like an adult. I don't know where I'm going with this maybe just some self reflection. Overall seems like I don't catch onto things until they've fallen out of mainstream popularity, it's almost like the wave of newness passes and then I dive in when everyone's already forgotten about the object. I don't know why I have a tendency to do this, or if it's even important, but hey I guess that's what happens when you just start writing to write. Boom, alright time for me to go do homework, I've got to get better at my time management this semester so I don't get owned by this semester. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment