So yesterday I did something pretty dumb but hilarious at the same time. I thought that my evening class was from 4:15-7pm when it was really scheduled from 7:15-10 pm. So I go to campus like it's a normal day, go to class and sit down. I caught up with some of the people in the class that I knew and all of a sudden the Prof. comes in and starts up saying, "Hello all welcome to English 595". I was looking for English 615, so immediately I knew I was in the wrong place. I got up to leave thinking that there must have been some mistake with the room assignment and as I was leaving the Prof. asked me what class I was looking for. I answered her, ENG 615, and it turned out that some people in the earlier class were also in the 7:15-10pm class and informed me of the actual starting time of my class. Kind of embarrassing but overall pretty funny right? Now you're probably thinking no big deal, just go home and then come back to campus at 7. Problem is I live 40-50 minutes from campus so going home is kind of a waste when it comes to gas and travel time. Luckily I brought a book with me, so I just went to Starbucks and grabbed a comfy chair, and settled in for three hours of leisure reading. Well not actually three hours because I ended up catching up for a little while with a friend, but still without that book I would have been quite bored.
I've gotten to the point where I almost always have some type of reading material with me wherever I go, whether it's a book, magazine, or academic essay assigned for a class. You never know when you'll have some free time or when you'll get stuck somewhere and need some type of entertainment. I personally really enjoy reading and writing so usually I'll have a book or a notebook with me. For some people an ipod or a laptop could better fill their free time, but whatever it is try to always have some form of self-entertainment on you. Who knows if you get stuck in traffic for a while, or maybe you're stuck waiting for a while in a doctor's office. Whatever the case may be it's always a good idea to be prepared for an unexpected batch of free time, and to have something on your person or in your car that could serve as some type of entertainment.
i don't wanna write. meh.
ReplyDeleteand now i can't sleep.
ReplyDelete