Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bromance and Facebook: Two Anomalies of My Generation

So today I was all poised to come home after a fun night out last night and do work.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  Although I did get a new job and I worked out so those were both positive achievements for the day.  I must say, easiest job search I've ever had.  You know how when you're looking for a new job you usually have to fill out like a million applications until you finally hear back from somewhere? Today I got hired on the spot for the second restaurant that I walked into.  It's pretty awesome, I'm really excited for the change and the opportunity to make a lot more money than I am currently making. 

After my mini job search and work out I watched a really good movie, The Social Network, aka the facebook movie.  I must say I was very impressed; I heard good things and the movie lived up to the expectations.  I had no idea Mark Zuckerberg got a 1600 on his SAT and went to Harvard, that's pretty cool.  And I also had no idea that the guy who started Napster was in on facebook as well.  Of course those could be fictional aspects of the movie but either way it was pretty awesome; I highly recommend it to all of you out there who appreciate movies.  Then again who doesn't like movies: I mean who seriously stands up and says "Movies Suck" when someone suggests watching a movie? I would totally turn that into a stand up comedy skit but Dane Cook already beat me to the punch.  I'm going out tonight but I'm pretty broke so I don't think I'll be consuming and food or beverages besides whatever's free this evening.  Being poor blows, I can't wait to get a job where I can make some real money, to the point that going out on the weekends and spending $20-30 a night is no big deal.  Or maybe if I get published or if someone decides to option my blog than I can make some cash that way.  For those of you out there looking my services are available and right now they would probably come pretty cheap.  Wow that sounded dirty, I mean my writing services not my manly loving services.  Anyway out to go see Kyle, it's been too long since I've had the bromance, time to rekindle the love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment