Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chinese Food Makes our Society Go On

Last night my mom ordered Chinese food; I haven't had it in so long and lately I've been craving it.  Especially since Britt ordered Chinese on her way home from school on Thursday.  It was pretty good, I had some dumplings, shrimp with asparagus, and chicken low mien.  I would have preferred some General Tso's chicken or some pork fried rice (funny coming from a Jew, yeah that's right I don't keep kosher what a shocker), but whatever it was still tasty and I took some more into work with me for lunch today.  I always prefer more meat over grains, I'm pretty sure I was a carnivore in a past life.  You know how pregnant women get cravings for different foods during their pregnancy?  Well I get those all the time but for meat.  It'll just be like 2:00 pm on  a Tuesday and I will crave some wings or a burger, or maybe even a steak.  Hat's off to the vegetarian and vegans of the world, I couldn't do it, no way no how, I need animal flesh on a daily basis.  I don't mind it though, makes me feel like a warrior when I eat red meat.  Seriously have you ever met a vegetarian who you were actually afraid of? I'm not saying my goal in life is to inspire fear or to crush my enemies but I feel nice being pretty sure that I could handle myself in a fight if it presented itself. 


So much work to do in the next couple of days, nice job on my part procrastinating it all until now.  I always loved that saying I first heard from my good friend mike: procrastination is like masturbation, in the end you're only screwing yourself.  So true G-Noff, but for some reason we humans just can't resist the urge to put off important tasks (except for those machine-like workaholics who actually get off on it...and people say that cyborgs are a thing of the future).  Oh well it'll all get done, some way some how it always does.  I started telling everybody at work today that I put in my two weeks.  It was nice to see that most people were actually sad to see me go but they still wished me the best with my new opportunity.  Too bad, I really like my current job and the people that I work with but it's just not cutting it.  Honestly I don't know how anybody in this country lives off of minimum wage, it seriously doesn't cut it.  And I don't even have major expenses, only gas, some food, and some going out money.  Crazy system we live in, no wonder why there are so many homeless people in this country and why the poverty gap is so high.  Anyway there's my societal rant for the evening, back to response papers and lesson plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment