I'm trying something different right now; I'm going to title this entry after I finish it. I have always titled my entries first but with my whole strategy of letting the words flow I feel like I shouldn't assign my posts a title until they are finished. It was so beautiful out today. I went for a pseudo run/walk and it was so nice to be able to be outside in just shorts and a t-shirt. Definitely going for another run tomorrow, I'm loving the warm weather; hopefully it's here to stay. And let me just add that I love using semi colons in my writing. I recently gave a mini lesson on semi colons and I just can't get enough of them. School's going so well; I feel bad because so many of my classmates are stressing but I'm really enjoying this semester so far. I think the low point was getting an 8/10 on my lesson plan and feeling like I don't know what objectives are. If that's my low point than I think I'm doing pretty well, especially compared to last semester when I doubted my desire to teach and hated being at school. This has just been a really great year so far. When I haven't been productive with school work I've been going out a lot with friends and having a great time. Sure my bank account has taken a hit but whatever, I'm young and I should be enjoying myself. Plus when I get a new job I'll be making more money so I won't feel so guilty spending money on things like $12 six packs. I bought a nice Porter today from Great Lakes Brewing Company and I highly recommend it. Sometimes you've just got to shell out and enjoy the finer things in life. Funny how to me $12 is shelling out money but hey I guess that's just part of being a full time student.
This weekend I'm ready to go out again both nights and I'm very excited about it. It's so nice to have the energy and ability to do multiple things on the weekends now. I used to be stuck inside on at least on weekend night and now I have so many different options for going out. I think I'm going to start applying for a job at a restaurant to start out as a busser or a server. Either way I'll make more money than I make now and I think it'll be a good way to get experience in a new industry. After I finish this post or tomorrow, depending on how tired I am, I'll probably start searching out craigs list and other postings for jobs ion a restaurant. I'm excited about the possibility of changing up my job. I've been a barista for nearly a year and a half now and I'm kind of tired of it. Plus the company that I worked for just declared bankruptcy so naturally I don't feel very secure with my current employment. I don't think I'm going to get the other job I applied for but no worries, I'll keep looking and hopefully something will open up for me. I'm trying to think what else I've got going on in my life. Not too much really just the usual stuff, but it's all going really well so no complaints. I'm just thankful that I have the energy and means to look for another job and hopefully I'll land a new one soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment