I missed another one last night, no bueno, I'll have to make up for my recent short comings with multiple posts per day on both of my blogs. Forgive me if this post will seem rushed but I should really be reading my literature circle book, Luna. It's pretty good so far, I'm about 60 pages in and it gives you a really interesting perspective. So far it's about a boy named Liam who feels that he is actually a girl named Luna, telling the story of a transgendered boy growing up from the point of view of his sister. I really like it so far and hopefully I'll be able to fly through it between tonight and tomorrow. Of course I shouldn't stay up too late being that I need to wake up at 6 am to go to Downingtown for tutoring but hey, I'm a machine, and I can make up for lost sleep tomorrow night. That is of course if I don't have any schoolwork to do tomorrow night which I probably will but no worries it will all get done. I love that I have my positivity back, I was so negative and beat down last semester and this semester I just feel so alive. It's a great feeling to return to feeling like yourself when for a while you felt like a completely different person. Last semester did that to me, made me doubt my future career and almost everything else in my life. Anyway, now I'm feeling great and I just hope it continues.
I wonder if I should comment on tomorrow's holiday, the big V-Day. Valentine's Day gets a lot of flack from the single people because it makes them feel alone. I'm not particularly huge on the holiday because I think that people shouldn't need to be reminded to show love on one day of the year, and should show love all year round. At the same time I don't want to be bitter towards couples who will be enjoying nice dinners and exchanging gifts tomorrow. I know that one day I'll find my lady and we will spend many Valentine's Day's together, and just because I'm single this year it doesn't mean that I'll be single forever. To all the couples out there, or friends who decide to share the day, enjoy tomorrow and take full advantage of the day. Blah Blah Blah, I don't know, of course I had to write a little blurb about V-Day but it isn't really that important to me.
I really hope I get the new job I applied for, especially because Borders (my current job) is on the bring of filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy, meaning I could be out of a job very soon. I called the new place today to try and follow up and the manager never called me back so I'll have to try again tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get in touch with him tomorrow and I'll see if I'm still being considered for the position.
So Tonight I drove around for a little while and it was really nice. I wish gas wasn't so expensive or I would go driving around more often, it can be really enjoyable. Kyle and I used to do it all the time, just drive here and there and have a good time. Tonight I swung by the Willows, this nice park that I use as my escape in the summer time. When it's nice out I go there to read and relax, and just get away from everything and take some quality 'me' time. I think it's important for everyone to have at least one escape, or a place of solace where you can just go and relax, and forget about any of the crappy things that are getting you down. Even having a meditation room in your house could be nice; just an area designated for rest and relaxation. So those were a bunch of random and unconnected ideas but I guess the one common denominator is me, because they are all part of my life. That's what I love about this thing, no need for an intro, conclusion, or transitions, it's just my way of saying whatever it is I need to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment