Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm finally Tired I wonder what happened

Well I guess life finally caught up to me, I'm actually tired right now.  I woke up wide awake at 5 am this morning (why? I don't know) after going to bed at midnight.  I laid in bed until my alarm went off at 6 and then sluggishly got up to get ready for tutoring.  The one nice thing about this morning though was that my ipod came up with quite an excellent shuffle for my drives to and from tutoring (about 45 mins each way).  Just yesterday I was talkin' smack ipods' shuffling abilities with my friend Britt; how when you put your ipod on shuffle it always plays the same song or plays songs from the same bands.  Now I don't mind the same band if it's a band I want to listen to but I just wonder why it keeps playing song by a certain band if I continuously skip through their songs.  Anyway, I guess my ipod heard my complaints from yesterday and decided to step up its game, nice job.

I'm now going to transition back to my tiredness.  To make sure that I stay awake in class tonight I'll probably stop at Dunkin Donuts on the way and buy a coffee.  I'm so happy that Dunkin finally started to do away with the Styrofoam cups and replaced them with paper.  I really don't like drinking or eating anything hot out of Styrofoam or plastic so I was happy to see that Dunkin' switched up their cup materials.  I read somewhere that Styrofoam and plastic have particles in them known as obecogens (sp) that can dissolve into your food and can actually contribute to obesity.  Just the thought of anything artificial dissolving into my food kind of grosses me out, hence why I avoid Styrofoam and plastic food and drink containers.  I never wanted to be one of those people who relied on coffee for a wake up, which would be 80 percent of Americans, but working in a coffee shop makes the stuff grow on you.  Now I drink it because I like the taste, not because I actually feel like it wakes me up; I think that part is all psychological.  I really struggle in finding my comfortable medium with my coffee intake; it's either I don't feel any more awake or I drink too much and my heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest.  Maybe I'll try experimenting with teas and different espresso drinks to see if either of those make me more alert than plain coffee. 

I just hit a wall, now all I'm thinking about is finishing up my writing assignment for class tomorrow so that I can come home tonight and just fall into bed.  Making it through class tonight may be a struggle, I'll definitely have to pack snacks to keep myself alert.  So happy that the snow isn't coming anymore, I'm getting really sick of all the snow.  I don't like complaining about things that are out of my control but I'm just ready for warmer weather to come back.  You know what I take that back I don't even really need warmer weather, just no more snow or ice on the ground for now would suffice.  I wish I could breathe fire, that way I would just go outside and melt all the snow around my house.  Of course I'd probably end up starting a neighborhood wide blaze but hey, it would give me at least a moment of bliss to be able to see my lawn for a second or two.  Done for today, more tomorrow, so sleepy.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sidney asked why I capitalized the letter 'T' (and then deleted her comment). The reason I did this is because 'T' stands for tanning in the longer acronym GTL, and GTL is a way of life, hence capitalization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. capitalization does not make anything a way of life. let's go to sea side when it gets warmer. i want pizza and beer from the saw mill.

    ReplyDelete