Saturday, January 15, 2011

Can't sleep, Red Wine and Writing instead

It's 2:00 am and I can't fall asleep.  It's funny, I should probably take my own advice and get on a consistent sleep schedule.  Lately I've been going to bed around 1-1:30 am and sleeping 'til around 10-11am.  Too much sleep, and a very inconsistent schedule is totally messing me up.  Today at work I felt like crap until I ate dinner and drank coffee.  I was literally about three seconds away from standing up on the cafe counter and yelling, "Nobody else can come order a drink until I have my Coffee and eat my dinner.  The Cafe is temporarily closed for an hour...It's Friday night anyway, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE".   I am going to place the blame for my recently irregular sleep on my renewed netflix subscription that allows me unlimited access to their instantly streaming movies and TV shows.  I recently watched both seasons of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and I'm halfway through the second season of Weeds.  I was such a waste this winter break, except for the fact that I've been working out.  Oh well, at least I got some lovely time off from school and I got this thing up and running which has been quite fun.  Speaking of this blog, I wasn't feeling awesome about my last post, which is sort of contributing to why I'm writing now.  That and the fact that I couldn't fall asleep.  In my intro psych class at PSU I learned that if you don't fall asleep after twenty minutes you should get up and out of bed and do something else, because you're body isn't ready for sleep.  Good advice Prof., because now I'm sharing my thoughts with all of my wonderful readers, whoever you may be. 

Just a side note, if you are a reader of my blog feel free to follow and or comment here.  All comments are welcome and I was hoping that people would share some ideas of what they wanted me to write about or asking for my opinions on different topics.  Either way I'm having fun with this thing but so far only Kyle and Sidney are commenting so please let's start an open forum.  This could be egotistical of me, actually assuming numerous people read my blog, but different people tell me they've read it so I feel like it's getting a decent following.  Oh red wine, hopefully you will be my sleeping aid tonight.  I don't usually like wine but red wine is good for your health; I believe the recommended amount is 5 glasses a week.  Beware though, too much wine leads to the world's worst hangovers so make sure to drink plenty of water if you're pounding wine, I find that it creeps up on you and will knock you out fast. 
*     *     *
I believe the three stars symbolize a totally new idea or a major break in time between sections when you see them in a book.  Anyway I didn't feel like creating a fancy transition so I'm just going to begin a new thought.  I've recently been watching a lot of TV and playing video games.  I hope that once school starts up again next week I won't be too distracted with all of the new media and entertainment possibilities that are now always present in my bedroom.  Wow I thought that idea was going to have a lot more beef to it.  Oh well, writer's block I guess, but I'm sure if I get focused on schoolwork I won't let TV, movies, and video games distract me from my top priorities.  Especially because now that the Eagles were knocked out of the playoffs-tear-for all intensive purposes football season is over-second tear.  School will be good though, I'm looking forward to all of the observation time that I'm going to log this semester.  I'm sick of all the educational theory and I'm ready to put it to practice.  So many of my classmates are fearing student teaching while my attitude is 'bring it on, I'm sick of classes'.  Honestly if I was told tomorrow that I would begin student teaching Monday I would be thrilled.  For the aforementioned reason plus I want to get a job asap so I can make money and move out of my mother's house.  In due time, that's what I keep telling myself so I don't go insane.  This is a pretty decent rant, maybe I should only write when I can't sleep and I'm downing red wine.  I've often thought that my best ideas come out when I've got a slight buzz going, just because the mild relaxation and loss of inhibition (not that I have much inhibition anyway) just let's my ideas flow out in a fluid and concise manner.  Who knows, I've just always thought if I ever had to give a big speech I would down a couple beers first just because it would take the edge off and it wouldn't be as stiff.  Maybe that's crazy but who knows I could be onto something for my own creativity.  I mean look at this post, I'm just churning away over here.  Wow I just noticed how many times my blog has 'I', in it...egotistical much? haha I guess that's kind of what a blog is, me me me.  Oh well I continue to grow every day by doing this and from the comments of those who read it so please keep reading and commenting. 

3 comments:

  1. I feel like you think everyday things are like such a terrible thing. What is wrong with video games, tv, and netflix. You act like its a waste of time to do such things. I think you should start focusing on those things as relaxing methods instead of always calling yourself a failure or saying that you have been unproductive during your break. There is no problem staying up till 130 and sleeping till 11 remember dude you are 24 not 75 life should still be fun to some point. Stop writing on this blog right now and keep drinking wine get wasted and enjoy yourself. These blogs make me depressed thinking that everything I do to relax makes me a lazy bum (according to paragraph one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great point good sir, we all deserve to have fun no matter how old we are. I just need to make sure that this semester I'll be able to balance my fun activities with my schoolwork and other priorities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah sometimes you act way too old manish.

    ReplyDelete