Today I found myself bored with a couple of things so I decided to change them. The first thing I did was put a TV in my room; something that had been missing one since I moved from the third floor to the second floor in May. Recently I've been watching a bunch of instantly streaming movies on Netflix and it's annoyed me having to watch on my laptop. Now I'll probably be able to connect my computer to my TV (either with a cord or with a wireless adapter) so that I can watch movies and TV shows on the bigger screen. No cable up here but no worries, I mostly watch movies anyway. I'll also be able to play XBOX now whenever I want. My sister bought me Assassins Creed Brotherhood, so now I'll be able to tap into that and play it whenever. I'm not a huge gamer but when a game I have to play it endlessly until I beat it. My room looks a bit different now, but I'm happy with the change.
Besides moving my today TV I also decided that I'm going to grow out a beard. For those of you who know me, you know this won't take very long as I'm already well on my way there with my scruff. I just figure I always shave and it's winter time so this is the best possible time for me to grow a beard. I tried it once before and didn't really like it, but this time I feel like it could suit me a little more. Plus I'm always cold so maybe I'll start to feel a little warmer with an extra coat of fur on my face. Hopefully I won't have to shave once I go into schools to observe this semester, and even if that's the case I might as well enjoy it now while I can. I've still got a couple of weeks until I'll get into schools to observe so I'll be embracing my inner yeti at least until then.
I feel that sometimes a small change such as a room rearrangement or an alternative grooming choice can be refreshing. If you feel bored, like you haven't done anything spontaneous or different for a while try a subtle change like one of the things that I did today. Maybe try eating at a new place or a buy some new clothes that don't resemble something that you already own. Possibly try listening to a new band or watching a new TV show. If you feel content with everything than that's great, I've just found myself slightly bored lately because I'm still on my semester break from school and I only work 3 days a week. Change can spark a new interest and can bring about fun, something that will not likely result from stagnation when you're bored. I once heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. If you're bored and not having fun change it up, or else you may go insane.
i put up colorful lights in my room and got a coffee table. i'm thinking about new curtains next.
ReplyDeleteThat's excellent, go all out and get the curtains. How about Lavender?
ReplyDeletelavender would be nice. it's a color i don't have yet and would clash nicely the way everything else does.
ReplyDelete