Sunday, January 23, 2011

Procrastination, Where Does it Come From?

I've been pretty lazy today, hung out with a friend then just sat around the house watching TV and I took a nap.  I think the most productive things I've done so far were writing my previous post and paying my bills.  Sure I have plenty of reading to do for my classes this week, but I just keep putting it off for far less important activities.  I just keep thinking that I have still tomorrow before class and the remainder of the evening, plus Tuesday during the day I have a 4 hour break so I could do some work during that.  Such a terrible thing procrastination, although some people actually do their best work under pressure.  If I can at least get some of my work done tonight than I'll be feeling pretty good about my progress for tonight.

I know I'm not alone in my procrastination for my schoolwork.  Plenty of people I know put things off as long as they possibly can, and why not?  Who wouldn't rather watch some TV or go spend time with friends instead of reading and doing homework for class?  There are so many distractions at our fingertips in this day and age making it so much more difficult to do work.  I wonder if procrastination is a natural human tendency or just a fad of my generation.  There have got to be some people out there who are hard wired, like robots, who are just always super productive.  That's just not me, and if it's not you than hopefully you know exactly how much time you need to do your work and you allot yourself such time.  Anyway I'm not thrilled about this post, it's all that could really come to mind right now.  I must confess that right now I'm only thinking about finishing this so that I can go watch another episode of Weeds on netflix.  Forgive me for the lackluster second post of today I just felt that I cheated myself and my readers by not posting yesterday.  In any case I'll try to do some more interesting things tomorrow so that I can have a better topic to share with you all tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. i went grocery shopping! that was the highlight of my productivity and then i sat around waiting for new blog posts and now i feel sickly and i'm praying it's not the onset of the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want my mommy to rub my back and make me tea. i hate being sick :(

    ReplyDelete