I'm really frustrated with my academic institution at the moment. I'll withhold the name so they cannot dismiss me for badmouthing them, but overall it hasn't been the most pleasant experience at my graduate institution. Today I was lucky enough to receive an email from a fellow student in my department informing me of a student teaching meeting that will take place tomorrow morning. She told me that the program coordinator apparently sent out emails reminding students about the meeting but I received no such email. I mean seriously University can you do anything correctly? How hard is it to send out an email to students reminding them about an imperative meeting? Especially when nearly all of the graduate students commute and work and would need to make special arrangements to attend the meeting. I was just really frustrated to hear about it and now I have to wake up early and call the department and see if there actually is a meeting scheduled for tomorrow. This hasn't been the first time where my graduate school has not been on their game, and I never experienced anything like this at PSU. You really do get what you pay for, even with Universities, and I must say that I cannot wait to be done with my teacher's certification so that I can leave this institution behind and move on to a new place of higher learning for any further graduate-level study.
Ok so now that I got that off my chest it's really not that big of a deal. Sure I have to wake up a little earlier tomorrow and call to see if the meeting is still on, but there will probably be a 2 hour delay because of the snow so I shouldn't have to be there much earlier than I normally would on a Tuesday. Work was extremely busy today because everyone was off for the holiday (MLK day) and it seems that they all decided to come to Borders. I can't stand Monday holidays because we get absolutely bombarded at work and usually don't have an extra help. At least I got to see some of my favorite people at work today, that's always a nice thing. I don't really know if I have anything extremely relevant to write about tonight, as in a piece of advice for the general public. Maybe just a short rant about how my working out has been going. Lately I've been back to working out 5 days a week consistently, doing a full body weight training circuit 3 days a week and an abs circuit 2 days a week. I've been feeling great and I can see my results coming along slowly but surely which makes me feel good about where I'm headed in regards to my six-pack resolution. I was discouraged when someone told me lately not to lose any more weight and that a six pick just isn't going to happen. I'm not actually trying to lose weight, if anything I'm trying to gain by building more muscle and I am going to get defined abs. It's a goal that I set for myself and I'm not going to give up on it. If those idiots on the Jersey Shore can eat the way they do, go out drinking every night, and then still have abs than I know I can too. I know that I've touched upon this topic before but if you make a goal for yourself don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. There are always going to be haters and doubters but if you want it bad enough you can do anything that you put your mind to; I know it sounds cliche but if you keep your goals reasonable it's usually true.
i know the name!
ReplyDeleteWhy dont you just say the name. I mean I guess this person must be a pretty big hater.
ReplyDeleteNo way, you're only hating on the six pack.
ReplyDelete