Last night the thunder was absolutely insane, it woke me up at 2:30 am. It literally sounded like a bomb exploded outside; it was so loud and my entire house shook. Car alarms even went off. I've never really been scared of thunderstorms, even when the power's gone out but last night I was scared. I don't know it was crazy it was so loud I couldn't tell if it was thunder or an explosion until I heard the rain and realized it was thunder. I sat there frozen just waiting for the next explosion to come but it never came. I was poised to run down to the basement and wait it out. You're probably thinking 'wow you're such a sissy'. That's fine, go ahead, but seriously that thunder last night was nuts. Definitely not the kind of wake up I ever want to have.
So much work to do for tomorrow and I'm so tired already. I would have a coffee but I've already had two today. I don't even know why I bother drinking coffee with all of the energy that I have. Lately I'll just be sitting still and I'll feel like my heart is about to beat out of my chest. Probably should switch to decaf in the near future to avoid any impending heart issues. My eyes are so droopy right now, I don't want to write this pop culture lesson plan or my planning reflection. I just want to climb into bed and have peaceful, thunder-free sleep. Whatever I'll just bang out these two assignments and then try to get some good sleep but who knows. I haven't been getting that good of sleep lately. Maybe I should start drinking wine again; downing a class before bed to help me sleep easier. My mom wasn't happy about that but whatever, 5 glasses a week of red wine are healthy for a human being. Anyway I really should get to my schoolwork before forehead meets this keyboard.
Oh you posted! I was terribly scared last night too. I had to sleep in the living room with the television on and the blinds closed so I couldn't see or hear anything. It was terrible!
ReplyDelete