Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Day

So here we again, I guess today was a pretty normal day, started off with me carpooling with  fellow classmate who lives close by.  Neither of us has a ton of money to our names right now so we decided to start carpooling on Tuesdays and Thursdays to save ourselves some gas money.  Plus we're producing less emissions so we're helping the environment, oh yeah.  Class wasn't bad, typical really, except for my presentation which received mostly positive feedback from the prof and from my classmates.  One of my classmates produced an excellent poem on the spot in like 4 minutes, really impressive stuff.  The same kid also had a really interesting blurb during another focus free write activity during the first week of class.  Not gonna lie, I was both impressed and slightly intimidated by the guy's ability to create such excellent writing in such a short amount of time.  Of course he is probably an English undergrad and has had a little more practice with writing than I had but still, it kind of made me feel like some people are born with a gift for writing and I wonder if I have that gift or if it's something that I can develop.  I felt really good today when my carpool friend told me that me and a fellow classmate really amuse her during class with our movie quoting and comments.  She said how she is usually so bored in class but that Jeff and I make it fun.  It made me feel awesome knowing that my joking around with a buddy is appreciated by others, especially because most of what we do is quote movies.

For lunch I decided to treat myself to a burger and fries.   I usually eat healthy but today was my treat day for the week so I decided to go all out.  My last meal would most likely be a combination of a burger and a nice steak, I don't know what it is about burgers but they are just so delicious.  Plus they are usually easy to cook and any decent establishment can make a good burger.  Honestly that's how I usually judge restaurants, if they make a good burger than they are legit.  A couple of months ago Kyle and I ordered burgers from a place and they were charred and nasty; needless to say I have not ordered food from there since.  I've kind of hit a bump, I don't know what else to say about my delicious lunch.  I was kind of lethargic at work tonight, it was weird.  Even after dinner I wasn't feeling super up for being at work.  Maybe it's because the company that I work for is about to go bankrupt and I'm looking for another job so subconsciously( or possibly even consciously) I just don't care anymore.  Not really like me though because I usually have a pretty solid work ethic.  Hopefully I'll get that new job I'm going to check out this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Cool beans. I almost went and had a burger today to and then i talked myself out of it because it wasn't really me who wanted the burger. so instead i didn't and then i went to work and saw you and CYNTHIA! YEAH.

    ReplyDelete