Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I can Get Used to This

I'm kind of liking this mid-day posting; it takes the pressure off producing a solid post late at night since I can always add something later in the day.  Today I'm quite proud of myself because I actually got reading done during my 4ish hour break between classes.  I usually just mess around and socialize with friends but today I did some solid reading, meaning I may actually get to bed early tonight.  That would be nice being that I have another early morning tomorrow where I have to go tutor middle school students.  Stayed up late last night doing work and I was really feeling it before but by now it's subsided.  I just feel awesome all the time this semester, fully energized at all times.  Kind of crazy, I almost feel like working out is becoming an addiction.  Not only do I look and feel better than before but my constant supply of energy is addictive; it's like I don't want to ever go away from my current level of productivity.  I wonder if I'll still have all of this energy when I start running...probably not but whatever, I can't wait to go running again.  Sorry if I'm repetetive with that thought but it's always on my mind. 

So I'm slightly concerned thinking about the idea of me developing an addiction to exercise.  When I think of an exercising addicts I think of those bone skinny people who run for like 4 hours a day and eat nothing but grapes, kind of like what Christian Bale did to get down to 120 lbs. for that movie the Machinist.  I don't want to be like that, especially the eating part because I love to eat, but I guess I just love the fact that I have so much energy this year.  Maybe I'm not at the addict level though, maybe I just really enjoy doing it.  I mean my workouts don't cut into any other facet of my life, I still go to classes, work, and I socialize with friends, I just really like being in great shape and having tons of energy.  Plus I take the weekends off, resistance training M-F with Saturday and Sunday off.  Once I start running I'll only go three days a week so that I don't overwork my body.  I've always just had a ton of energy, ever since I was a kid when I was hyperactive and they thought I had ADD and put my on Ritalin, and it didn't make a difference at all in my school performance.  Whatever, I'll just embrace the fact that I have a ton of energy and use workout to expel it all. 

I don't want to stop writing but I can't think of something else to transition to.  Hmmm, ten minutes before I have to go to class, what do I have to say.  I don't know, I'm drawing a blank.  Maybe it's because I'm thinking about wrapping this thing up quickly, I guess I don't do my best work under pressure.  Not to worry I think in real life timed writing isn't really a challenge that I will face often, except for in standardized tests.  I always hated timed writing, even though I scored pretty well on samples, it just bothers me not having time to revise my craft.  Like seriously give me at least a few day to put together something decent.  I'm losing it, I can feel it fading, off to class, maybe I'll write more later. 

2 comments: