Food is wonderful, especially grilled cheese. My mom has this grilled cheese maker that we've had forever, like before any of the fancy cuisinart panini grills came out, and the thing is excellent. I just made myself a grilled cheese with spicy mustard. Lately I've also been adding either chicken or tuna to add an element of protein, but my mom stopped buying tuna because she's worried about the mercury levels. Probably a legit concern but I still crave meat at all times. I'm like a pregnant lady with my cravings, except for they're always for meat. In a past life I think I was a T-Rex, or possibly some type of large carnivorous predator, like a Grizzly Bear. Grizzly Bear is my spirit animal after all, at least that's what Kyle decided. He said that since Wookies and Yettis are not real animals Grizzly Bear will have to do. I could even take it a step further and say Kodiak bear, because those are like the biggest and baddest Grizzly bears. I'm already getting droopy eyed, no good I'll have to drink a coffee at work. I wish SB was like Starbucks and we could have an unlimited amount of drinks during our shift. If that were the case I'd probably drink fancy fun drinks, but instead I just settle for coffee or tea cuz it's only 33 cents.
I have to teach a mini lesson in class tomorrow to my group members. I think I'm going to try and teach something about when to use colons and semi colons. I don't know why I just feel like it could work and I have a fun idea for an anticipatory set (opening activity for you non-education people) where I would have the class draw smiley faces that they would use in a text message and then identify the punctuation mark that they used for the eyes, either a colon or semi colon. Oh and a quick side note, lately I've been trying to think of the direction that my blog is moving in. It seems that a lot of times blogs are most successful when they have a specific focus. I don't know if I'm going to change this blog to one about a single topic, but I feel like I talk about teaching/education, fitness, and relationships a lot. Maybe if I go with one of those ideas and write just about those topics people would be more interested. Who knows, but those are definitely directions that I could see myself moving towards.
Hmm let's see what else have I got going on that could be fun to share. I finished that book Luna this morning, it was pretty solid. If you are looking for a YA book that is a little different give it a shot, it's a quick read and gives interesting viewpoints on an issue that many people do not give much attention to. I'm excited for the assigned reading for this semester, lots of good classic reads in my future. Just for my one class we're reading Shakespeare's Hamlet & Julius Caesar, as well as Orwell's 1984. I wish I had gotten into reading sooner than I did (almost two years ago). It can be so enjoyable, relaxing, and fulfilling, and it's still such a feeling of accomplishment whenever I finish a book. My dream vacation would be 1-2 weeks on a tropical Island in the Caribbean or South Pacific, I really like Bora Bora, with a drink in my hand, a stack of books beside me, and an pretty lady by my side. Hopefully one day I'll be able to afford my dream vacation.
Big fan of grilled cheese. Margaret and I were talking about grilled cheese the other day and different cheeses that would be good in a grilled cheese sandwhich. You should do a whole post on different grilled cheese sandwhiches.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to look up recipes, then try them, and then post about it. Good suggestion.
ReplyDelete