I gave a lesson on Shakespearean sonnets today and I think it went pretty well. I was never big on Shakespeare or his sonnets, or really on poetry in general so I though that it would be a challenge for me. My classmates did a nice job participating in my lesson and they really responded well to my directions. Everybody seemed to like my hangman opener, and then they all worked diligently and silently on their sonnets. The whole time in my mind I was thinking how nice it would be if every lesson I ever taught went so smoothly. I'm really looking forward to getting feedback from the teacher and my classmates to see what I can do better the next time. I'm always looking to improve at my craft and I have this inherent drive to be the best at any job that I do. Hopefully I'll be able to get some honest and complete feedback so that I can continue to grow and improve with my teaching.
A lot of people said I looked nice in my dress clothes also which was nice to hear. I give all of the credit to Banana Republic, love that store. I wish I had the money to go and buy more clothes from Banana, they are so comfortable and look much better than the less expensive brands. Work clothes are one consumer item that I don't mind spending extra money on. Anyway, there's my plug for Banana Republic. Besides that today has been pretty good so far, had a conference with my professor and then came home to shovel some snow. Freaking snow, can't wait til it's done snowing and spring comes along. At least it wasn't too bad today just a few inches. Oh no, now I've hit a wall, what do I do? I can either stop writing or dig deep and see where my mind will take me.
I feel kind of bad today because I'm pretty sure I hurt/offended a friend of mine last night. I don't think anything makes me feel worse than when I hurt my friends and family members. So if you're hurt I'm sorry and I feel bad. Sometimes I think I'm too f-ing nice and in the end it comes back to bite me in the butt. It's like I will try to be nice to people but in the end my niceness ends up dragging out unfortunate situations and then people are more hurt in the end. If I was meaner I could just get the hurt out of the way and be done with it. I've always said my kindness is my greatest quality and my biggest downfall. Too bad it's who I am and I can't just turn it off. Who knows, maybe eventually I'll see enough terrible things to turn me into an a-hole, but that's not likely. Especially not this year.
Shakespeare's challenging as it is, but his sonnets even more so. People have a harder time connecting with them. Your hangman idea sounds interesting, like it would appeal to a younger crowd more so than a Baz Luhrmann viewing of Romeo + Juliet.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the kind feedback.
ReplyDelete