Sunday, February 27, 2011

What do you think this is, a date?

Do you ever feel bad showering twice in one day? I know I do because I'm pretty environmentally conscious.  I recycle, turn off lights and appliances/electronics when I leave a room, and I try not to waste water.  My showers usually only run about 3-5 mins, unless it's really cold out and I just need to warm up in a hot shower, or really hot out and I need to cool off underneath the cool water.  Cold showers in the summertime are definitely one of my guilty pleasures.  Anyway, today I just showered because usually I feel grimy after I wake up and so I shower so that I feel clean and more awake.  This would be fine of course if I wasn't going to work out later today.  After a workout I'm sweaty and gross and have to shower so today will probably be a two shower day.  I feel bad wasting the water because I could have easily waited until later to shower, but for my own personal comfort I decided to shower now. 

I think the only time when I feel like I don't need a shower and I'll be fine is when I'm around my guy friends in the morning and none of them shower.  That way I don't feel so gross about just going out grimy.  It's like as long as I brush my teeth and throw on deodorant I'll be good to go.  This tangent kind of reminds me of the Jersey Shore episode from this past week.  The guys Like Mike (the Situation) behind because he's taking too long to get ready for dinner.  Mike was acting like they were going out to a club, getting all fancy, while in reality he was just going out to have food with his boys.  If that was me I'd just throw on a shirt and jeans and go; it's not a date or anything dude you don't have to look your best.  But yeah begin around other dudes who don't shower is nice because it means I can just tone it down and not be so conscious about my hygiene.  I think I need more bro time.

I was just reminded of a funny story I will share with you all.  A little over a year ago I was out with a good friend and some ladies.  We went out to get some food and one lady was not eager to pay for her portion (prob about $12 total).  When it came time to pay for the bill she remarked 'I don't have any cash,' to which I responded 'There's an ATM machine at the front of the store.'  The girl then pretended like she didn't hear me and sat still while everyone else began to put up money for their portion.  I was kind of bothered by her cheapness (can't come up with a better word right now), so I asked 'what do you think this is, a date'? Eventually she put up $5, not half the cost of her meal and my buddy ended up absorbing the cost.  Don't you hate that about group dining?  There's always that a-hole who thinks that they don't have to pay.  I get it if you don't have money, times are tough, but who said you had to order something? If you don't have money say so up front and maybe you'll be lucky enough to have generous friends who will spot you.  It's just something that always gets me, how any time I go out to eat or drink with a group and there's a single check that someone always tries to get out of it.  Well I should go work on my narrative that I should have started two hours ago. 

5 comments:

  1. I had to wait two whole days to read about your hygiene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think this post is much deeper than a simple explanation of my showering habits. Give it another read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it is but you could have left the showering part out. it would have been a more powerful read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when i come back to visit the east coast you're paying for my dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as we establish that it's a date before hand I would be happy to pay.

    ReplyDelete