I don't know why but I'm having a lot of difficulty with writing today. I tried writing an entry during break but I just couldn't get anything down; almost like there was a force inside my telling me not to write. Or maybe it was just that I was overall unproductive during break today. I planned on finishing up the three readings that were assigned for tomorrow's class but after toughing my way through one of them I just called it a day. Too bad, I had plenty of time and I really didn't do anything that was all that productive.
What was fun though was the conversation that took place between myself, Nicki, Britt, and Jeff. We got on the topic of relationships, past and present, and everyone's 'dating' history. I know there was a really compelling topic in there but I'm just drawing a blank right now. Everyone shared stories about past relationships, hookups, first times being 'intimate' all the good stuff. I just remember everyone was very entertained, even when we got to the juicy stuff. I can't believe I'm drawing a blank right now I swear I had some really good material to share. Anyway it was fun reminiscing about past times like summertime backyard parties when we were all underage and other shenanigans. It's crazy how much time has passed since events that seemed like they were happening just yesterday. I feel like such a waste today with my writing, it's like I had good things to share and now, blah. I really need to start writing more notes down during the day so that I can come prepared when I'm ready to write. It's a dilemma though because I want to write spontaneously but at the same time I want to recall all of the interesting details of the day. Something to try moving forward.
Anyway, classes were fine today, normal assignments and exercises. I have a mini lesson on semi colons which was well received. It makes me feel good when people like my lesson but I'm always paranoid that they're just being nice and not telling me what they really thing. Oh well for now I'll take the positive reinforcement to build my foundation of confidence as a teacher moving forward. It does scare me though that some of my classmates are going to be teachers some day. I mean some of these people are craaaazyyyyy and/or downright miserable. It's like I (along with my friends in class) look at these people and think 'I wouldn't want him/her teaching my kids.' Oh well, let us hope that such individuals don't damage too many kids before moving on to a different career path. You just know that people like that are going to get burned out so quick, if they even get hired in the first place. Whatever, I just hope people like that don't pass their praxis. Ahhh praxis, I really need to start studying, that thing is coming up soon. This weekend or end of this week I vow to make time. I'm hungry, time to go forage for some food.
Ha sounds like a compelling conversation...compelling and rich I hope.
ReplyDeleteOh it was, totally kept me from getting any work done yesterday.
ReplyDelete