I really enjoy the blogging genre because I don't need to write with any solid plan or framework in place. But really that can be true with any type of writing, something that I'm just recently finding out. In one of my English classes we've been reading articles about how great writers do not necessarily have to know what they are going to write about before they do so. Sometimes the best writing results from one just sitting down like I am writing now and just putting their ideas out there in an attempt to connect them and develop meaning through the use of language. For a long time in school and in personal writing I felt that great writers know exactly what they are going to write about before they do so. Since I rarely went into writing with a solid plan I lacked confidence in my writing for many years. I always assumed that all of the smartest kids in class who earned the best grades were just born with the ability to generate great ideas. I'm happy to know that this is not the case, especially because lately with my entries I've just sat down and started writing whatever came into my head.
I was really excited today at the possibility of getting a new part-time job that would pay far better than my current job. It sort of just fell into my lap and I am going to inquire about it this Saturday. If there turns out to be a real chance of me getting this job I'll be really happy because good things don't often come my way. This could be great for me because it would give me more financial freedom plus it would solve my query of finding a full-time job for the summer that would allow me to save money for student teaching. Anyway, this could be a really great opportunity for me and I look forward to giving it a shot. I'll definitely miss the people at my current job but thanks to facebook and the wonderful world of mobile devices it will be fairly easy to keep in touch with everyone and hopefully meet up again sometime soon for another fun work outing. I would go into more detail about my prospective new employment but I don't want to jinx it. It's funny that I say that because I'm really not superstitious but I'm really excited at this possibility and hopefully I can get it.
told you so about writing organically. and good things do come your way, i came you way and i am the greatest.
ReplyDeleteif you want to learn about writing "organically" or whatever, read some hunter s thompson.
ReplyDeleteThanks man, I'll definitely check out some of his writing when I get a chance.
ReplyDelete