So you were probably expecting some sort of literary brilliance after reading yesterday's post. Sorry to disappoint but I'm pretty dry on interesting material right now. Maybe it was my 6 am wake up or my restless sleep but I'm dragging right now. I've probably got a rant or two in me. How about I do that, discuss all of the things that got me mad today.
Started off when I went in to take the test this morning. I came prepared, test ticket in hand and 3 sharpened pencils (legit pencils no mechanical pencils allowed). So as I'm walking up a guy around my age asks me 'You taking the test'?
'Praxis 2,' I responded. 'Yeah me too,' he said. 'Wow you're all prepared with your pencils, got one for me'? he continued. Needless to say I wasn't huge on the way he asked me, like we were pals and it was my responsibility to remember a pencil for him. I was actually responsible enough to come prepared to a test that has a very significant role in my future career. Whatever I'm a nice guy (fatal flaw) so I give the guy a pencil. Now this pencil happens to have a swirly design on it with some purple; like I cared about the design when I grabbed it out of my mom's desk last night. Then this tool bag replies 'Purple huh? nice pencil.' I mean seriously are we in second grade here, are you-mystery test taker- so manly that you can't handle a purple writing utensil. I almost asked for the pencil back and then I thought screw it; it's too early in the morning to get aggravated at a random d-bag.
So I go into the building and get into the line for registration. Halfway through the line was a pencil sharpener and a lady was sitting there sharpening pencils (she was a proctor so she had a whole bunch). As I passed her I heard captain d-bag behind me ask her if he could borrow one of her pencils because he didn't have one. At this point I really wanted to ask for my pencil back because it was a total waste for him to ask for mine-never said thanks by the way-and then not even use it because it had a purple swirly design on it. Talk about insecure, this got me so mad. I brought three pencils so that I would have enough for myself to make sure that I could finish my test. This kid came unprepared, was rude, took one of mine, and then didn't give it back after he decided he couldn't handle purple. If you're reading this thinking, 'Wow, relax, it's just a pencil,' you're probably right, and by tomorrow I'm sure I'll think nothing of it. But at 7:30 am it just rubbed me the wrong way.
Oh and by the way other things angered me today but I'll save those for next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment