Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Slow it Down Big Man

I went for a run tonight and wow it was brutal.  I don't know how far we ran (my buddy Steve and I) but we were moving at a very strenuous pace.  Steve really surprised me because being a smoker he really expected to struggle but he was moving very well.  We ran hard for probably around a mile but that cool end-of-winter/beginning-of-spring air filling my lungs didn't make it any easier.  I'm just glad that I finally got out and started running again.  Hopefully if I go three days a week coupled with my weekly lifting regimen I'll see the results that I want very soon. 

Besides that today was an excellent day.  I slept in and following a big breakfast I went out to meet my friend Devon in West Chester.  It's always nice to catch up with friends after not seeing them for a while.  After that I went to Starbucks to do my daily review for Saturday's exam.  I've been so thankful for all of the praise and encouragement from my family and friends for this exam.  I haven't been performing as well as I'd hoped with the practice questions, but I'm happy that I've stuck with the book.  It will be the first time in my life that I will have completed a prep book for a standardized test, as sad as that may be.  I've just always struggled with the tests, mostly because I either psyche myself out or rush through the questions.  All my energy makes me move through things quickly and often I rush when I should just slow down and take my time.  I do this everyday with things like shaving and eating.  If I were to slow down when I shave I'd probably cut my face less (something I've been doing lately that's been working), and if I were to eat slower I'd probably eat less and have fewer stomach aches.  Saturday I'll have to remember to read the questions slowly and fully so that I don't misunderstand them and then rush to mark down an incorrect answer. 

Tomorrow I'll take my first practice test (and possibly only practice test).  I hope it goes well; we shall see.  I'll have to look online to see if any free practice tests are offered but I doubt it.  Maybe I'll venture over to my old stomping ground (Borders) and just use one of the prep books there for its practice test.  Haha I'd totally be doing what so many people used to do and I couldn't stand it (coming and and reading the books and then not buying them).  Although I would purchase a beverage in the cafe making it not so bad.  I couldn't stand people who would come and take up seats at the cafe and not buy anything.  Even worse were those who would bring food from other places.  I mean seriously would you walk into a restaurant with food from somewhere else, sit down and eat? Of course you wouldn't unless you're a socially inept A-hole.  Same thing goes for a coffee shop, you don't walk into a Starbucks with a Wawa coffee in your hand, it's just wrong and insulting.  Wow, that felt nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment