Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Time to Break Out of My Funk

I feel like I've been really negative lately which completely contradicts one of my new years resolutions: eliminate negative thinking.  Ever since last Saturday I've just been in kind of a downer mood which was likely the cause of my headache from hell.  Maybe I'm subliminally worried about my Praxis score, almost like I'm feeling inadequate by my performance on the test and now I'm once again questioning my career choice of being a teacher.  Who knows but it's definitely time to bounce out of my funk.  At least I'm still working out, hopefully the endorphins will help to balance me out in the next couple of days.  I'm trying to think about what else is going on with me that might be of interest to the few and the proud still reading my words.  Today on my break I got so much work done, and I credit my productivity to my lack of facebook.  With no facebook I didn't procrastinate and waste time but instead I finished my reading for tomorrow's class and nearly finished my reading for Thursday's class while also helping a friend revise his assignment.  Another friend of mine found a pretty entertaining website titled http://www.lamebook.com/.  The site features lots of hilarious statuses, pictures, and updates that she found quite entertaining.  I even laughed at a few myself while I was attempting to get work done so if you're bored and looking for a laugh I definitely recommend it.

And now I'm stuck, nothing, just drawing a blank.  I had a mini battle earlier with adobe when I attempted to convert my NCAA bracket  to a pdf.  Didn't work out so well, so hopefully I'll be able to scan it in to a computer at school tomorrow so that I can email it to my dad.  He emailed me his so I was going to attempt to do the same.  If only I had a secretary with a scanner who could handle technological queries for me.  I really feel like I need to find a direction and just go with it.  This is turning into more of a journal about me then something that people could actually find useful.  I probably mentioned this before but I'm thinking of either going with a teacher blog, sports (which I try on my other blog but I feel like I should narrow it down to either philly sports or one specific sport), exercise, and yeah those are the topics I'm thinking about.  My friend showed me her boyfriend's website today and it blows the crap out of my blog.  Maybe I'll collaborate with a former co-worker sooner rather than later on a philly-centric blog idea.  He wants to cover music and the phillies while I agreed to cover the Sixers, Eagles, PSU football and possibly college basketball.  I think it would be fun, maybe we'll get that going.  We shall see, suggestions or comments are welcomed and desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment