Monday, March 28, 2011

My New Favorite Youtube Sensation

I have lots of schoolwork ahead of me tonight so I'm just going to list and review a lot of things that I've been obsessed with lately.  One of them is Burt's Bees lip balm.  The stuff is so excellent, works amazingly for chapped lips and dry skin around the mouth.  You may be dissuaded from buying Burt's Bees products because they are significantly more than chaptstick and other household names but the extra price is worth every penny.  I've also been obsessed with running.  I've gotten back into my groove and it feels great.  I'm shooting for running five days a week with weight training mixed in.  In no time I should be in excellent shape and I couldn't be happier about it.  While I'm on this kick I might as well endorse another product that I use almost daily.  Some months back-maybe even a year-Axe came out with all of those witty commercials for different hair products.  Now, I've always prided myself on avoiding advertising schemes and buying products based on their reputation and necessity but something about those Axe hair styling commercials captivated me.  Maybe it was the hot girls in the commercial or the look of the guys' hair when they were done styling but I just remember the first time I saw the stuff in CVS I thought, 'I want to try that stuff.'  Plus the product that I was previously using was double the price so that didn't hurt.  Anyway, dudes, if you're looking for some good hair stuff try the Axe products, I use the messy look putty with the yellow writing. 

I've also rediscovered youtube and the youtube offshoot of vevo for music videos.  It's funny how I won't go on youtube for a while and then I'll want to see a specific video so I'll go on and watch some clips of some crazy stuff.  I could seriously get lost in watching random videos on youtube for hours and I would have last night except for I had tutoring this morning which meant up at 6 am and I wanted my sleep.  On youtube I found crazy videos of different animals fighting one another.  There was a great video of a mother cougar taking on a grizzly bear who was threatening her cubs.  Crazy stuff, so ballsy (haha even though she doesn't have balls, wow I'm immature).  More so than crazy animal battles I've been obsessed with this Scottish trial biker named Danny MaCaskill.  I used to rise BMX and I was quite terrible but for most of high school I was still really into it.  Since High School my interest has slowly faded but watching this guy totally makes me want to ride again.  He's so crazy and can do some things on a bike that I never thought I would see.  I really liked my friend Steve's description when he said that the guy is basically doing parkour on a bike.  If you don't know what parkour is then your should definitely youtube that as well.  Basically it's when people do ridiculous acrobatics in an urban setting.  I also watch movie trailers like it's my job either on moviefone.com or apple.com/trailers.  I'm always excited to see what new movies are coming out.  Ok I've really got to go and finish reading 1984 or read enough to the point that I feel like I know the book and read the rest on sparknotes (the more likely occurence because I already feel my eyelids drooping and I also have other assignments besides reading). 

No comments:

Post a Comment