Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thank You Nice Girl at Starbucks

I'm so tired right now and I don't feel like working out; luckily the words are still coming to me.  I should probably be working on a research project for my English class that's due Saturday by Midnight aka Saturday by 4pm (the time I have to be at work).  I'm just not feeling it right now, no worries though I'll just get up early tomorrow and on Saturday to work on it.  Or maybe I'll find some motivation later tonight to crank some of my project out, we shall see.  So today was an alright day.  I turned in my persuasive piece-the one I posted two days ago-and I got to read some of my friends' writing.  Overall I enjoyed their writing and we got to see a really cool lesson done by another one of our classmates.  So the day was going fine until that point.

Then there were the mock interviews and well the day took a turn for the...different for lack of a better word.  The interviews were very intimidating because I felt like I was so far away from being ready for a job.  Given I haven't student taught yet and everyone there was student teaching I was in the minority but I still felt really intimidated and unprepared.  On the drive home I attempted to reassure myself that when the time for the real interview comes I will be prepared to rock whatever interview comes my way.  I just look at all of the people in my classes and how I am going to be such a better teacher than so many of them.  Right now I just feel weird.  Overrall I feel fine-still happy with my life besides my job that I may quit-but I'm fine.  Sure the mock interviews were intimidating but I can't be fearful of the true interview and of finding a job.  So many of the speakers were talking about budget cuts and the tough job market but I just need to block all of that out.  No matter what happens I'm going to find a job and I'm going to be a great teacher.  I can't let any of the statistics or factors in life right now hurt my confidence at all.  Who care if the economy stinks and education is losing more money every year, bottom line is I'm going to get a job and I'll be one of the best if not the best teacher at my school.   Ok I'm starting to feel a little better, not great but better. 

I haven't slept well all week and I don't know why.  Maybe that's why I'm feeling off, who knows.  Either way I know I'm fine and that things will improve.  Hopefully after I finish this research project by Saturday I can attempt to produce a narrative of worth.  Sigh, it would be awesome if I could just be a writer and have somebody pay me for it.  I'd really like that.  Or to just win the lottery and not have to worry about a job, money, or anything else.  Then I could just relax, focus on my life and my writing and all would be well.  So now that dream time is over back to reality.  Coffee sounds good right about now.  Oh story: Cute girl at Starbucks gave me an extra cookie today for no reason.  I bought an oatmeal raisin cookie while waiting at the library at school before the mock interviews.  After I walked away with my coffee and cookie I looked in the bag and who knew, there was a second one in there.  Thanks cute red-headed girl, that was very nice of you.  I'll have to make sure to thank her in person next time I'm in the Bucks.  But yeah that definitely spruced up my day.  That and Britt and Jeff laughing at my persuasive piece.  I was really happy that people found it funny; I think it's funny.  Maybe that should be my calling; stand up comedian.  Haha yeah right just like I want to be a writer.  How about I do both and see which one makes me a living first.  Boom there you go, I'll be a Jack of All Trades when it comes to entertaining and informing.  Writer/sportswriter/comedian/whatever else you want me to be as long as it's legal and not in the adult film industry (although that type of work is probably very enjoyable it kills any possibilities of serious work).  I totally want to write a stand-up routine now and give it a shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment