I don't feel like writing tonight, but today was an excellent day. No real reason it was just a really nice day, nothing went terribly wrong and I started to break out of my funk which is a good thing. I even drove 45 minutes to Downingtown this morning to find out that the teacher who I observe was out sick so my early wake up call and drive was for nothing. At least until I realized I still had the secondary purpose of completing a practice run from Downingtown to Kennet Square in preparation for next week when I will have two rounds of tutoring on Wednesdays. It's going to be brutal but no worries, it'll only be for 5 or 6 weeks and then semester over. I'll just have to make sure that I bring plenty of work with me to Kennet so that if no students come in for tutoring I will be able to stay productive. This could be tough because I'll be tutoring with Britt, who has recently gone pro in distracting Jeff and I while we attempt to do work, but no worries because at least it'll be nice to have a friend there to kill time with.
I went running again tonight and wow was I beat by the end of my run. I'm so glad that I'm getting back into it but it's really kicking my butt; that's a good thing. I never really ran or did intense cardio until last spring; funny how that's when I started seeing the quickest results from my workouts. I was in the shower tonight and I had an epiphany about what I would do if I won the lottery. I mean sure it would be nice to just sit back and kick it for the rest of my life, living off the interest of my investment portfolio, but after a round of traveling and cultural experiences I would probably grow bored and look for a new challenge. I think I would open a gym/mixed martial arts studio in the area. MMA is blowing up and I think it would attract a lot of young people who were interested in learning martial arts or just wanted to take out some aggression in a legal way. I would design my gym to have real world object and exercises as opposed to all of the weight machines. For instance my gym would feature climbing ropes, kettle bells, sand bags, gymnastic equipment like rings, tired with sledge hammers, ladders, resistance bands, and more. Plus I wouldn't charge a ton, like $25/month for just gym usage and for MMA classes an additional $25/month. I think that's pretty reasonable, and if possible I would have a basketball court and a pool but we would have to see if that was affordable. My gym would be awesome and would be nice for the community.
I also often thought of opening a hookah bar (with alcohol) and a dance floor. Kind of like half lounge half club atmosphere where if you wanted to come and relax you could but if you wanted to dance there would also be that option. I'd have to find some way to separate the two; maybe a two floor place, but I think it would be really cool. Imagine arriving and having a couple of drinks and some hookah downstairs and once you get all warmed up you head up to the dance floor for some more good times. That's the type of place I would want to hang out at. Wow why am I publicly posting these ideas without copy writing them I really should have thought about that before I started typing away here. No worries, I don't have a huge cash influx or a business-savy mind as of yet but maybe in the future I can turn one of my dream ventures into a reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment