Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Conspiracy Theories

I think about conspiracy theories all the time.  Just crazy, hypothetical scenarios that are very improbable but nevertheless come about through my unique and sometimes dark imagination.  For instance, you ever think that the lottery isn't real; that nobody ever wins? I mean do you know anybody who actually won the lottery and is alive to tell you about it? I don't.  Now I know they publish the winners in newspapers and other stories but all of that could be fabricated.  I mean seriously what is a better way of giving the general low to middle class population hope than to give everyone a chance to become an instant millionaire? It sounds all good and well but seriously, is there really a state-wide institution that is just handing out millions of dollars in exchange for your one dollar ticket purchase? I find it highly unlikely that people in possession of such riches would just dole it out to a random, lucky winner.  To take it a step further, I feel like the lottery machines are hooked up to a database.  Whenever you punch in your 5 or six numbers those numbers are sent into the database and those numbers will definitely not come up as winning numbers. The system just seems to easy and utopia like.  It provides hope for poor people and the middle class by thinking that there is light at the end of the tunnel when really the only way to make money in society is to be super talented, to work your ass off and make some money the old-fashioned way, or to be born into it.  So I guess my message to all of you lotto players is if you're not talented or on the receiving end of a trust fund, find your golden idea and work your ass off to achieve it if you're looking to get rich. 

Since I'm on this conspiracy theory kick there's something else that I've always wondered.  You know how AIDS is most prevalent in the gay and African-American communities.  You ever wonder if the government created AIDS in an effort to incite population control? Like the government saw those two populations as undesirable people and used AIDS as a tool to eliminate the two groups.  I mean it's been around for a little while and still no cure? Plus pharmaceutical companies make a killing off the 'cocktail' that keeps the rich people with AIDS alive.  I don't know it just seems weird to me how it's a disease so prevalent in two historically hated groups of people and how no cure has yet been discovered.  Plus I was reading this book, Risky Rhetoric..., and it discussed how the majority of government money for AIDS goes to testing and counseling.  Shouldn't that money go towards finding a cure as well?  I mean sure testing is important but nonstop testing is preventative nor does it cure the disease.  Just another crazy situation in life that makes you wonder what's going on you know?

Those are just a couple of crazy theories I have.  Who knows if they hold any ground but if I suddenly disappear and you never hear from me again you'll know why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment