Saturday, March 5, 2011

On Wednesday God had my Back

And I missed another day, oh well I'll just have to write something extra special.  Funny because I don't feel like writing anything at all.  I'm kind of wiped out and ready for bed although I'm very happy that I am completely caught up with Weeds; finished the sixth season tonight.  Started off poorly but ended very well; I was quite satisfied with it.  And may I just say that Netflix has really been on their game lately.  I sent out disc 2 on Wednesday and Disc 3 arrived today, money.  You can say I'm definitely taking advantage of my membership this go around.  I may not have a lot of money to my name but I've just got to have the ability to watch movies at my fingertips so ten dollars a month doesn't seem like much. 

Today was my last day at Borders and to be honest I'm feeling kind of indifferent.  Part of my is slightly (and I mean so very slightly) sad to say goodbye to that place and my coworkers but then another part of me says good riddance.  Sure it was any easy job with great people but minimum wage just isn't cutting it anymore so at least now I have the freedom to search elsewhere for greater financial possibilities.  We'll see if my new job will yield such fruits but for now as an eight ball would say: outlook not good.  A lot of people left classy cards or bought pastries for the staff when they left.  I didn't do such a thing and I feel kind of bad about it, but I'm broke and I'll make sure to keep in touch with the people who matter to me. 

Spring break is finally upon me and that makes me very happy.  Sure my days will be filled with Praxis studying and other fun academic activities but at least I don't have to concern myself with schoolwork and tutoring for a whole week.  Plus I really need the studying time so this break is such a blessing.  I really lucked out that spring break happened to be a week before this test.  If that wasn't the case I would certainly not pass so thank you god for having my back on that.  The big guy was totally watching out for me this week.  Like on Wednesday when I had so much reading and did less then half of it basically expecting to fail the reading quiz.  I guessed on most of the answers and got 100% correct.  That never happens to me; I am self-admitted the worst guesser ever.  Process of elimination, true/false, doesn't matter; if there is a possible wrong answer in the bank I will choose it.  Wednesday was tough because I was drained all day and had a headache, but by the time class rolled around the headache was gone and I felt great about my quiz grade.  Plus we got out of class early.  All around it just felt like that day the guy (or girl, or non-gendered supreme being) upstairs had my back, and I  greatly appreciated it.  Sometimes we all need a little pick me up and on Wednesday I needed mine.  probably should have wrote this on Wednesday but sometimes it takes a couple days of reflection to realize how special something was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment