Thursday, March 31, 2011

Finally The Rock Has Come Back...To Wrestling

So happy I finally got a good night's sleep last night.  It's been two weeks, maybe more since I've slept through the night.  It's really bad, I think I need to work on my very poor sleep habits.  I average between 5 and 6 hours a night; definitely not optimal.  Today I could feel my heart pounding through my sternum and for some reason the first thought on my mind was, 'This is totally because I don't get enough sleep.' It's not my fault though, honest (so 1950s but I always loved that expression).  I get into bed at the appropriate time for a night of 7-8 hours of sleep but I can't fall asleep until at the earliest midnight.  So when I have my 6 am wake up calls I'm usually in bed by 12, asleep by 12:15 and 12:30, wake up two to three times a night, so I'd say I net about 5 hours.  Oh well, it'll all work itself out by student teaching when I'll be so tired I won't be able to wake up. 

I was going to come up with my own rhyme scheme tonight and call it yonni scheme but I think I'll save that for tomorrow so I can produce a poem of worth.  I'm thinking 22 lines consisting of 5 quatrains and one couplet.  22 is my lucky number because it's the day I was born, in the month of October, so I think it'd be cool to do a rhyme scheme with 22 lines.  I'm so happy that I don't have class tomorrow.  Going to Thursday's class is so discouraging because the round trip driving actually takes longer than the duration of the class.  For some reason that just makes the class not seem worth it to me.  Today went well though for a Super Wednesday.   Lots of tutoring that keeps getting better.  I'm learning a lot from one of the teacher's I'm observing and I'm growing a lot more comfortable with students in a tutoring setting.  And I got to go back to my new favorite place, Talula's table.  Although today there were people sitting at my favorite table with the awesome chairs so I was slightly mad.  Either way still a good time.  Then I did a research presentation in my evening class that I thought went pretty well.  I can do better than this, I'm just recounting my day.  Where's the fire, the passion?  I need to dig deep to produce something of worth.  Or is this the calm before the storm, the appetizer for tomorrow's poem that will blow your socks off.  Well with that type of build up it better be kick ass.  I've never fancied myself a poet but if I'm going to toot my own horn like that I better step up my game.  My rhymes will have to be witty and elegant, complex and and hilarious, fun and honest...I could go on and on. 

I'll need to find a new solution for lunch/dinner on Wednesdays.  For the last couple of weeks (super Wednesdays aka 16-16 1/2 hour days) I've been buying Wawa chicken salad hoagies and let me tell you they have not been sitting well.  I'll have to pack a lot more food or try something else because the Wawa hoagies no longer sit well with me.  It's crazy how when you start to eat really healthy, and then deviate, it just hurts your stomach.  It's like your body being like, 'Woah I thought you swore off crappy food.  Now I have to work extra hard to break down this crap that isn't even good for you.'  And then your body pays you back with feelings of grossness.  It's like I can hear my stomach and lower intestines laughing at me, knowing I'm in pain and they are the cause.  Oh healthy food, how you are such a challenge.  Maybe I'll just start buying wawa salads or something.  I'd love to pack food from home for both lunch and dinner but for some reason I just feel like that's too much.  At least that's how I justify packing lunch and buying dinner, even though I shouldn't be spending money on food because I don't have any.  Maybe this weekend I'll search for places around school where I could purchase affordable and healthy food (if that's even possible as affordable and healthy are two words that usually don't play nicely with one another).  That'd be a fun little google adventure; finding a small cafe that has salads and gourmet sandwiches or something. 

This Sunday is Wrestlemania and I totally want to purchase the pay-per-view.  Back in the day (7th and 8th grade) I was totally obsessed with professional wrestling.  It was to the point that I actually wanted to be a professional wrestler.  I still wouldn't mind-they make bank-I'm just nowhere near the physique I would need for such a gig.  Anyway, in recent years I've found that wrestling's really lost it's quality.  There's too much talking, drama, and guys don't hate me but too many hot girls parading around.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of pretty ladies, but that's not why I watch(ed) wrestling.  I want to see two huge, grown men pummeling the crap out of eachother even if it's 'fake'.  The only fake things about it are the personalities and the match winners, but you can't fake a body slam.  And yeah they hold back on their punches and kicks but it's entertaining when you actually have two wrestles going at it without all the drama and talking.  Most importantly though, the Rock is coming back to wrestling for Wrestlemania; he's even hosting it.  I'm pumped up for it, I've always loved the Rock and now that he's back I find myself slightly interested in wrestling again.  What to title this post? How about I'm delirious, can't recall what I've written so far, and really could use another good night's sleep. 

2 comments:

  1. yeahhh dawg im eating my amazingly scrumptious carrot cake cookie sandwich w/ cream creese icing from tallulah's right now! - i will regret this decision later i'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt: Wow these things are why people get fat, I totally shouldn't eat this.
    Me: It's ok Britt, everyone should have one treat day a week where you eat whatever you want.
    Britt: Every day is a treat day for me.

    ReplyDelete