Didn't feel like working out tonight; don't know why I just didn't have it in me. I did finish a book though, and did Praxis studying today. I'd say it was quite an educational day. I read Monster by Walter Dean Myers. Excellent book, it was part of our literature circles in my one class but it was not the book that my group chose to read (Luna). A friend of mine read it and highly recommended it to me and it didn't disappoint. It's written in a very interesting format, as a movie script, and it goes by quickly which is nice. I finished it in a little under two hours and I don't read very quickly so for a quick reader it would only take an hour to an hour and a half of your time so I highly recommend it. The public library didn't have any books by Hunter S. Thompson, and author recommended to me by another friend. I may just have to go and buy some of his books at Borders using those oh so convenient 40% off coupons.
Tonight was also nice because my sister came by for dinner. Family dinners are so underrated and so necessary for preserving the integrity of a family environment. It was nice to have one and I recommend that people try to do them more often if they don't fit into your usual weekly schedule. I've been flying through my Praxis studying so hopefully I'll finish the book tomorrow or the next day and then take a couple of Praxis tests leading up to Saturday. Right now a friend of mine is in Key West and posting lots of pictures on her blog http://climbingothertrees.blogspot.com/. She always plugs my blog in hers so here's me returning the favor. It makes me feel so nostalgic to see all of the places that I visited nearly 9 years ago. Hands down one of the best vacations ever I love the Keys. I may have to follow one of my favorite writer's footsteps (Hemingway) and move down there after I'm finished school. Or at least to a part of Florida that is close enough to the Keys for a manageable drive on the weekends. Lately I've really been feeling a relocation after I finish school; I just feel less and less connected to this area. There are a few special people keeping me here but if it wasn't for them I'd seriously be considering my relocation options. Right now Vermont, Florida Keys, and the Pacific Northwest are all looking like very fine candidates. Hopefully I'll win Powerball and then I can do spring and summer up here and spend winters in the Keys. One can only hope but for now I just need to finish school and start making some money until I can plan my next move. That or find myself a lovely,wealthy woman to marry but I think I've got a better shot at Powerball.
No comments:
Post a Comment