Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It Would be Nice to Shop out of Boredom

I think I just ate too much, don't you hate that feeling.  It would be so nice if our bodies had a gauge that would just tell us when we consumed enough food to fill our bellies.  I'm sure I could have done without that slice of pecan pie but the stuff is just too delicious to resist.  Plus I ran again tonight so I feel alright about eating a little extra than normal.  Wow how I loathe cold weather running.  I can't wait until it gets warmer outside so that my lungs won't be burner when I take my weekly runs.  Of course my cold weather running query could be solved by a gym membership which would allow me to run inside on a treadmill avoiding all the cold weather bs.

Yesterday my whole desire to have a gym membership got me thinking.  My current income or lack there of has really limited what you could call 'extras' or unnecessary purchases in my life.  I don't really have the ability to spend any money on nice things for myself (unless you call coffee and gas nice things) and that list of things that I want just keeps piling up.  I kept thinking how summer's coming up and how I could use certain clothes, shoes, electronics, and miscellaneous accessories (arm band for my ipod).  So I compiled a list of things that I want and hopefully I can slowly remove things from the list.  Nothing too extravagant on there so hopefully in time when I begin to make some more money I can buy some of the items on my wish list. 

Working on the main line has exposed me to some of the individuals making up the upper echelon of society and it often gets me mad.  I can't imagine being at a point in my life where to fill boredom I could just go out and spend money.  Main liners just go around and drop hundreds on junk just to fill time.  It's crazy how to some people money is no object.  I hope that if I ever had so much money that I could just go out and shop out of boredom instead of necessity that I will have the sense to donate more of my money to a charity, knowing I don't actually need it.  That's what kills me about some of these professional athletes and celebrities who rave about the millions that they've lost through gambling (Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan).  How about take those millions and cut a check to a charity or start a foundation instead of making the owners in Vegas and AC even richer.  And people wonder why I want to be a teacher, maybe I don't ever want to be rich.  It seems like money just corrupts people and when you have so much, throwing money away on unnecessary purchases and through gambling is what happens when you're bored.  It's funny how most of the things on my want list are actually things I need, (new suit or tailor my old one, navy pants for work/school, new running shoes) but I still don't have the means of purchasing such items.  Oh well in time I hope that I'll at least be able to live comfortably, and that if I have an excess of cash that I will share it with those less fortunate than myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment