Saturday, March 26, 2011

Summer Mission: Write a Manuscript

Tomorrow I'm calling my old boss to the what the possibilities of me getting my old job back are.  I really don't like the  new job and when I went into Borders to buy a book today I was told that they were hurting for people.  If that's truly the case and I can get the hours that I want I'm going to go back.  I just can't stand working at this new place, something about it just really rubs me the wrong way.  Maybe it's that they messed up my pay, or possibly that I was lied to when I was told that the job paid three times what I made at Borders.  Or maybe it's that this boss likes to yell at his employees for illegitimate reasons, something that I don't do well with.  If I mess up then by all means let me have it but I'm not about to get bitched out because of mistakes made by workers of the previous shift.  It's so frustrating I have a research project due tomorrow and so I need to wake up early and finish and submit that before going back to work tomorrow night.  Honestly if I can't finish the project or if I get my old job back I may just call and not go in.  I really don't like this new job, and I think I need to listen to my gut which right now is telling me that it's all wrong. 

I've come up with an idea from a manuscript based off the short story that I was going to publish on here.  Basically I'm going to write about my most recent relationship (ended over 7 months ago).  Kind of a contemporary love story that was never quite love because it was one-sided.  Definitely a twist on your usual romance and I'm really looking forward to writing it.  I'm planning on completing a manuscript by the end of the summer so hopefully I can get that done.  So sorry for the brevity of this post but I'm beat tired and I have lots of schoolwork and thinking to do for tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. haha margaret and i were just talking about that today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the you and borders part not the manuscript part.

    ReplyDelete