I watched The Expendables last night, and it was essentially what I expected. Jason Statham was awesome, Stallone played his classic action-star self, and the rest of the guys provided some decent filler material. I knew it would just be a shoot-em-up comedy laced with lots of good kills and explosions but with such a loaded cast a small part of me was hoping for a little bit more. Oh well, still not a terrible movie. Next on my Netflix cue I have Faster with Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and Machete which features a mini gun attached to a motorcycle; both look pretty promising. By the way I do enjoy other types of movies, dramas and comedies-documentaries not so much-but it just so happens that my cue is currently jam-packed with action movies. Netflix has been awesome ever since I signed up again for my membership (cancelled last year or the year before). I'm so happy because all of the problems that made me cancel have been corrected. For instance, popular new movies always used to have a 'long wait' or 'very long wait' status attached to them which angered me because I mostly watch new releases. Now that status is only there temporarily; making me believe that Netflix has icnreased their inventory. I also used to have to wait a few days to get my movies but now it's so quick; I send a movie out Monday and I have a new movie by Wednesday.
I love movies, who doesn't right? I also really like music but for some reason I don't illegally download it. I'm probably in the small minority in that department but I just feel guilty pirating songs. Some people think I'm crazy for still buying cds but the way I see it if I like a band and their music I want to support them by buying their records and attending their concerts. I want my favorite bands to keep making music and the only way they will do that is by selling out shows and selling lots of records. If you're thinking that records don't exist anymore I know that but I like saying records or albums as opposed to CDs because CDs are just the physical medium and do not represent the content featured. It's like when I want to watch a movie I don't say I want to watch a DVD because that's just the medium and doesn't represent the content. You could have a blank CD or DVD that wouldn't be worth anything. I also don't like saying 'I was hit in the stomach'. The stomach is an internal organ and doesn't take up your whole mid-section. I prefer abdomen or mid-section when referring to my lower torso. Wow now I just sound like a total snob (I promise I'm not I think this is just the inner English teacher in me attempting to be correct with my diction). Forgive me and please keep reading my blog.
it's kind of sad that money makes the music world go 'round. but then again it moves the rest of the world too.
ReplyDelete