Sunday, March 20, 2011

I Feel like Death but Last Night was Fun

I've neglected to write something for the past couple of days; sorry to my readers.  I actually felt sick when I was thinking about it this morning.  That or because of the enormous amount of PBR that I drank yesterday.  I woke up this morning uttering the famous 'I'm never drinking again' line.  Last night was a good time though.  Partied with Jeff and then Nick Lachey aka Nikki stopped by with her boyfriend for some late night fun.  I'm pretty sure she took some videos of Jeff and I dancing around so it'll be interesting to see those come Tuesday morning in class.  I'm really glad that I'm feeling better now than I was this morning.  I thought I would have to call out of work today but luckily I can feel my condition improving.

So I really wanted to write a short story and put it up here; a narrative of sorts.  But lately I've just been drawing a blank.  That's probably also contributed to my lack of a post these past couple days but I really haven't come across any really good ideas.  I'll have to brainstorm at work tonight when I'm standing around during the calm points of the evening.  I hope they let me that serving soon, even if I got to start tonight I'd be very happy about it.  No worries all in good time.  I've been very thankful for the super nice weather these past couple of days.  Hopefully this means that winter is gone but who knows.  My hamper is filled to the top but I have no desire to do laundry right now.  Maybe I'll throw in a load before work and change it when I get home.  That seems like the sensible thing to do.  Bahhh why do I have nothing interesting to write about?  No poems, fiction, narratives, nothing.  Maybe this writing business isn't for me; I mean I want it to be but sometimes you can't force it if it's not meant to be.  Something that holds true in many circles of life including relationships.

Speaking of relationships-no I'm not in one-but I feel like I'm actually ready to try one out again.  Now I just need to fine a girl and you know how it goes.  My only concern is with my new mindset that I'll settle for the first lady who comes my way and might slightly be what I'm looking for.  Let us hope that I've learned from my past mistakes and that I'll make more intelligent choices with whatever ladies come into my life.  It feels good to get back to a point where you feel like yourself again when you're lost.  For a little while I thought that I was just meant to be an eternal bachelor and that I didn't want to meet someone but that was all just smoke and mirrors.  Who wants to be alone, honestly?  Maybe that will be the topic of my narrative; I guy getting into a relationship.  For some reason that movie 500 Days of Summer just popped into my head.  I'll have to brainstorm more and continue on my quest for better writing later.

1 comment:

  1. Nice writing Runkle. If you're struggling with your narrrative try starting with creative non-fiction. I know you have enough stories in you so draw upon them and then use your creativity to change them around as you please. And you're right, I think are going through a Summer period in your life right now.

    ReplyDelete