Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring break needs to begin now

Way too much reading for school this week, not cool teachers.  I guess it's their responsibility to load us up with reading before spring break but come on.  If you assign 150 pages of dense articles and text do you actually expect your students to do that reading (especially when most people take multiple courses)? I wouldn't.  Whatever I'll just do what I can and whatever I don't finish will have to remain unread, shame.  I'm having this realization as I'm sitting in the library with my friends waiting for my evening class to be here while listening to my Senses Fail station on Pandora.  I'm so tired today for some reason, oh well soon the day will be over.  Yeah that's a lie, three hours of class left plus I still need to work out tonight.  Maybe I'll go for a run.  I really need to buy an armband for my ipod so I can start running with music.  Last year I never ran with music and everyone thought I was insane.  I think I'm going to start listening to music when I run solo but when I have a buddy I'll go without because that would be rude.  It would be like saying 'Hey f-you because whatever you could possibly have to say during this cardio sesh couldn't possibly be as important as the next artist that's coming up on my shuffle or premeditated running mix."  Running with a partner is nice, as is working out with one; it's just so hard to coordinate schedules with others if both people don't work 9-5 m-f schedules (or really any schedules that are virtually the same. 

I had such a nice spread of food today and it's almost all gone.  I already inhaled the hard-boiled eggs, peanut butter granola bar, and the chips from Trader Joe's.  So for the next 4 hours I'll have carrot sticks and a banana to hold me over, this should be fun.  I wish there was a microwave available for student use somewhere.  That way I could bring more left overs and cuisine style foods with me.  I must say I favor the cuisines over snacks and desserts.  Who am I kidding I love all food I just usually prefer a large meal to some small snacks or sweets.  I hope this weather keeps up, today I can deal with just fine.  Track jacket weather is tolerable.  This morning I had to step out quickly and I just threw on flip flops; kind of a gamble but hey I guess today I was living dangerously.  It felt nice to don the flip flops although I could use a new pair.  Hopefully my new job will provide the extra income necessary for such unnecessary purchases of vanity.  Besides flip flops I'm trying to buy a couple of pairs of shorts, shoes (chucks or boat shoes), and some more light button downs for the summer.  We'll see if that's gonna happen; I may just need to make my current wardrobe work. 

Class was interesting today (brilliant transition I know, you don't need to praise me).  I made a really stupid comment when I participated and it's probably going to stick with me.  It was totally one of those you had to be there comments so I'll refrain from explaining it.  Then Nicki's arch nemesis wouldn't stop staring at me for some reason.  Maybe she caught onto the fact that we all think she's super annoying and that I have developed quite an imitation of her.  It scares me that she'll one day be in charge of a classroom.  Hopefully she won't be teaching my children when I decide it's time to have some (20-30 yrs from now).  Lots of funny moments today in a class during which I felt completely out of it.  I probably appeared catatonic; I don't know what it was I was just completely removed, disinterested, and exhausted in class today.  Maybe my mind is subliminally already on spring break.  two more days and then a week off from school, hooray.  Of course I'll be prepping for the Praxis but whatever I need the study time.  I need my energy back today.  Hopefully it'll make an appearance in a second win come class this evening. 

3 comments:

  1. dude. that comment was far from stupid, and was a perfect example of irony.

    it was just so hilarious that it stuck.

    ReplyDelete