Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Delightful Nap

Today I blew off my last class and took a 2-hour nap; super-day averted.  I usually don't nap, they really mess up my day but today I felt compelled.  Especially after my horrendous drive home.  I literally hit every red light on WC Pike, seriously every red light and it was raining so people were driving like morons more than usual.  I was gonna go home, make a salad, and then relax but that drive just drained me.  The nap was just what I needed though, so happy about it.  And then I made my salad and all was well.  I've gotten back into my salad mood lately.  Today I did romaine lettuce (half a head) with mushrooms, carrots, avocado (just for you Kyle), tuna, and I topped it off with olive oil and balsamic vinegar with a random spice blend from the cabinet.  No tomatoes today and I left the nuts off as well but I usually just go with what I've got to work with.  Salad's are excellent and I'm getting back into them just at the right time.  I think when I have my own place I'm going to keep my fridge pretty bare.  I'll have the essentials: Eggs, milk, OJ, loaf of whole wheat bread and/or pita, chicken breast, fish fillets, a veggie assortment, baked potatoes, and that's about it (besides the ballin condiment selection).  The more I read about nutrition the more I realize that there is a lot of value in the freshness of your food.  I'd rather go grocery shopping twice a week then stock my fridge with stuff that's just going to go bad.  And then if I want to cook a unique dish I can go out and buy the specific ingredients that day.  I'm excited about having my own place and cooking for myself again.  You're probably thinking, 'why don't you just do that now?'  Well friends I will be enjoying mom's cooking as long as I can, forgive me and don't be too jealous or as my one friend would say, 'don't be jelly.'

I'm feeling good right now, definitely a big improvement from the heaping pile of shit that was yesterday.  Nice way to bounce back today.  I'm energized, happy, and ready to work out.  That's right, I will be working out after this post.  I know it's almost 11 pm, whatever I'm wide awake from my 2-hour nap earlier.  That's another downside about naps, they totally F up your sleeping schedule.  Now I'll prob be up late into tonight so expect some type of creative writing later this noche.  I've hit a wall boo hoo.  I added Insanity to my 2011 wish list.  I also started writing down the broad ideas for my jokes.  I want to start carrying around a journal or a notepad or something so when joke ideas come to me I can immediately record them.  I know this past week I had a couple of good ones that have escaped my mind and I'm pissed about it.  No more, I will record my jokes and they will be awesome.  I got my student teaching placement today.  It's a school in a good district which I'm happy about.  Hopefully I'll kick ass and then they'll hire me.  Boom, that's the plan.  And on that note I'm going to go punish my body with a grueling weight training circuit.  As Shakespeare would say, Fare thee well. 

Beach Season.  Eating Salads.  Always Hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment