Last night I did the 'Fit test' for Insanity and let me tell you, it was grueling. There are ten different exercises that you do for a minute straight and after you finish as man as you can in a minute you record your number, rest, and then go onto the next exercise. I did pretty well, a couple times besting the people in the video, but it was so tough. The great thing about the grueling workout is the sleep that I got last night; I slept great. I think I've finally unlocked the key to good sleep for myself: exercise intensely before bed. I woke up this morning feeling rested and sore, but not the painful sore, the good sore that makes you feel like you accomplished something.
That was just the fit test, today I stepped it up a notch and did the cardio circuit. Wow is all I have to say. I was literally dripping sweat and exhausted by the end of the exercise. So grueling, even the stretching was difficult. At times I had to take a break from the stretches and the exercises because they were just too much. For the most part I hung in there and did as much as I could of everything. I'm really excited to see how I look after the sixty days is over. I took my before pictures last night and in sixty days (or however long it takes me to finish b/c vacations will likely mess me up) I'll take my after pictures. I'm really enjoying it so far and I just hope that I'll continue to have the energy needed on a daily basis to complete the program.
Right now I should either be working on my multi-genre guide for writing for new teachers or my unit plan. I'm procrastinating but no worries, I'll get at least a couple more chapters done tonight. I just can't decide if I'm going to watch the fighter now and work on the project later or the other way around. Decisions Decisions. I've been pretty productive today so whatever I'll prob watch The Fighter. This weekend I'm definitely going to hunker down though and work hard on my project. I need to start getting serious and finish my projects. Next week is the last week of classes and after that finals; time is running out. No worries I'll get it all done, sleep may have to suffer but whatever I'll be fine. I took this survey in Men's health today to measure my 'wealthiness'. If it wasn't for my poor sleeping habits I would have been labeled as very healthy based on the fact that I work, feel productive, make time for exercise, make time for a social life even though I'm not in a relationship, and that I make time for my hobbies. The whole survey was set up like a graphic organizer, with yes no questions. If you answered yes you kept going til the end and if you answered no it would stop and give you advice on what to do about any deficiencies in your life. My only deficiency is a lack of sleep and if I keep up with Insanity I don't think I'll have that problem any more. Ok off to do something. I'll leave you with a Haiku.
Sweat drips on the ground
My knees are shakey and weak
It's Insanity
Yonni's not going to rise for the day until after 11:30am because I can't post until then.
ReplyDelete