I'm so happy because I just checked the ets website and I saw that I passed my Praxis. I'm so excited that I passed it on the first try. I'm usually horrible at standardized tests and I'm glad to see that my studying and preparation paid off this time. It's so nice to know that I'm one step closer to being a certified teacher.
Ok, so that wonderful news aside, I had an interesting run-in at the library today. I was sitting there reading Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger (excellent so far, I'm 100 pages in. Yes I know I should have read it in High School; too bad I was a slacker back then). I was at page 21 when all of a sudden a random girl from across the library-probably a good 20-25 feet away looks at me and goes, "What are you reading, is that Catcher in the Rye"? So I said yeah and then she just comes over and starts talking to me like she's known me forever. She asked me if I was reading the book for a class and then inquired what program I was in. Turned out she's also a teacher ed. student who's actually student teaching right now. So anyway this girl just went on and on talking to me about her experience at WCU and the Education program. We talked about observations and different classes that we took like young adult literature and the two Ed. classes that I'm currently taking. It was a really nice conversation but the whole time I kept thinking how random it was.
I mean seriously, when does a random girl just come up to me in the library when I'm sitting by myself reading a book? That would be never. I know what you're thinking right now: Did you get her number? The answer would be no, and before you punch your monitor in the name of my stupidity allow me to explain. Sure this girl was really nice but she wasn't very attractive. Nice girl, good conversationalist, and we had the education thing in common but honestly I just wasn't attracted to her. Go ahead; take your time to call me a shallow a-hole, it's ok. But what can you do? I mean if you don't find somebody good looking there isn't much you can do about it. It's really too bad because I'm sure I could have gotten her number and gotten together with her again in the future but I just wasn't feeling it. I enjoyed her outgoing nature and the fact that she sought me out but unfortunately for her I just wasn't interested. Sorry random girl, but stay outgoing. It was nice to see a girl who was so willing to put herself out there; I just wasn't the guy for her. Well it's super Wednesday (my 16 hr. day) so I'm going to get to bed but I'm glad to have shared the more interesting part of my day. And now some flash fiction:
Girl Sat. Talked Awhile. Wasn't Interested.
Book Review. Class Presentation. One Down.
Breaking Out. On Forehead. Apply Clearasil.
Not Funny. Like Before. Better Tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment