Friday, April 22, 2011

So Angry

I've been really angry lately; like uncharacteristically angry.  It seems like just about anything will set me off.  Like my violent outbreak last week where I kicked and broke the cabinet door and then punched the bathroom door, so not like me.  And tonight I was out in Manayunk with Jeff and every time some dude gave us a look for trying to get by I just wanted to turn and drop the guy.  It was like I was secretly hoping someone would just take a swing so I could just go to town.  I don't know what it is that's getting me so revved up lately but I have a couple of theories.

My first theory is that the increased intensity of my workouts has increased my testosterone levels hence more aggressiveness.  Don't worry party people I'm not on the roids.  I'm looking to get cut not huge and so roids would not do me any good right now.  But recently I've just been really angry and irritable, I'm thinkin' the workouts could have something to do with it.  Although I've only been doing Insanity for 3 days I feel like it's changing me; I'm sore as hell and on a mini war path. 
Or maybe I'm irritable because I'm eating super-healthy and it's really bothering me.  Like I'll have a craving for a burger, or Chinese food, but I'll hold back.  I'll have to work in a treat day sometime soon, maybe a burger on Sunday or something. 

Another thought is my increased hours at work.  Maybe 4 days is two much when you pair that with classes and finals week coming up.  I mean I don't feel exhausted or anything at work but maybe I need to give myself more of a break for relaxation and stuff.  Who knows, but whatever, unfortunately I need money right now so if anything I'll be working more in the near future.  Back to finals week maybe that's it.  I've got a few final projects due and maybe once they're done then I will feel way better about everything.

My final theory has to do with the absence of a lady in my life.  I'm really grow sick of the single life, and I mean really.  It sucks, truly, I need a lady, stat.  I've been single for long enough, it's time to add someone new into the mix.  Hopefully she comes along soon.  And until I discover what's been fueling my rage lately and suppress the fuel to my fire I apologize to all who may feel my angry wrath.  It's probably not you but the whole other myriad of issues going on in my life currently.  No flash fiction tonight, it'll just be angry and mean.  I need to get back to being my nice guy self.  You know that nice guy who gets walked on but doesn't know it until after the fact.  Ok no more pity party, done, I'm either gonna chill out or channel my anger to productive means, like going harder with Insanity.  On that note, bedtime, being that my entire body is sore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment