Just can't think of anything; I guess I'll begin by chronicling the day to see if anything of note comes back to me. The day began with class-Jeff and Nicki did their lessons today-excellent job you two. When other people have really excellent lessons I feel self-conscious about my own but no worries because now I can just rip off and use their really good lessons. Class was hilarious today because as soon as the teacher walked in I could tell she was frazzled. Then about halfway through class she just started freaking out; everyone in the class could tell she was about to lose her shit. The teacher was like, 'Are you ok?' to the class all frantic-like and a classmate was just like 'Are you ok'? back to the teacher who was freaking out. Nicki and I just looked at each other dropping our jaws in unison to the excellently placed comment. The tension in the room began to subside after that.
After that I drove home, relaxed for a little bit, and then went for a run. Running is kicking my ass lately. I'm just glad I haven't given up on it. I'm used to last summer when I was running between 3-5 miles 5 days a week like it was nothing (at least in the beginning of the summer until I started to slack off). Now 3 miles is such a challenge that sometime requires a walking break in the middle. No worries though; I know I'll build up my stamina soon enough. I also finalized travel plans for the holy land. Tickets are super expensive because of the damn fuel prices. Let's just say I wasn't thrilled about it but whatever, I'll deal.
I'm trying to think about what else I've got going on. Nothing really comes to mind. I've recently been bothered by my lack of hanging out with my original bromance. Oh well, maybe when school ends we'll have more time to hang out. I need to take him out for a celebratory outing because he finally received a long-deserved promotion. Soon enough we will raise a glass, or two, or several in celebration. My lack of bro-time makes me think that my next girlfriend is on the horizon of entering my life. If you're out there my Hebrew Princess come and find me. I'm ready for you. Britt made a good suggestion today: If I want to meet Jewish/Israeli girls I should start volunteering or working at a place where Jews congregate (JCC, synagogue, Hebrew School). If her mom can hook me up with a teaching job for Jewish Sunday School that would be siiiiiiiick. Anyway those were a bunch of collective thoughts from the brain of Yonni. I'll now leave you with some flash fiction.
River Palooza. Day Drinking. Expect Shitshow.
Expensive tickets. Long flight. Hello Israel.
Almost finished. Last Semester. Student teaching.
Previous attempts. Way funnier. Try Harder.
You should put an ad in the paper or on craigslist seeking your Hebrew Princess.
ReplyDeletehaha that would be ridiculous. I'd love to see what kind of freaks would show up for that one, maybe I'll try it out for fun.
ReplyDelete