Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hopped up on Starbucks

I'm totally amped up on coffee right now; wow I really needed that.  Such a lethargic day today.  Britt and Jeff won't be in class tonight and first class was pretty empty.  It just makes me feel like I'm not supposed to be attending my later class with so many people missing but whatever, I'm still going.  Tuesday's have been weird lately, with last Tuesday being the official worst day of the year and this Tuesday with barely anyone going to class.  Are Tuesdays the new Mondays?  That may be the case.  I was excited to wear some of my new clothes today.  I'm rockin a new t-shirt from Gap and my chucks.  Although today wasn't the best day to wear my off-white chucks but whatever you can't keep shoes clean forever.  That's the nice thing about chucks too, they're not too expensive so if they get destroyed you don't feel horrible.  The converse outlet totally needs to have a buy one get one free sale sometime so I can go and load up on chucks.  And I've heard the the outlets have lower prices during the week, you know what that means Kyle, weekday shopping trip in the future. 

And I've hit a wall.  No bueno, lately I feel like I rarely produce entries of worth.  Probably because I still haven't found my focus.  I should just blog for 60 days about doing Insanity.  That would be a cool focus, except for those readers of mine (the few and the proud, and no not the marines) who may have no interest in fitness and exercise.  I'll find my niche one of these days whether it's a teaching, fitness, or relationships blog.  Then again when it comes to relationships I rarely take my own advice so I don't know what my advice is really worth.  Isn't that how it works anyway, we never take our own advice.  I always feel like I give such sound advice when I'm on the outside of a situation but then when it's me acting in my own life I'm such an idiot.  Whatever, I think I'm learning, I'll get there some day.  And if not, well I do just fine on my own being a single dude.  I do enjoy my alone time here and there but yeah, not going down this road again, I can write about new topics. 

Where am I going with this.  I think I need to start kicking it old school and carry around a journal or notebook of some kind to write down my ideas during the day.  That way I could have more compelling topics for discussion, more of my joke ideas, and overall just a better recording of my thoughts then my faulty short-term memory.  Long-term memory is excellent but short-term I'm not great.  Oh well, I'll add journal to my wish list.  That or just carry around one of the many notebooks I already have in an effort to save money.  Why am I growing so frustrated writing this post? Can you feel my angst, anger and frustration or is it just my keyboard that is feeling the punishment of my feelings relayed through my fingers? I need to calm down; this computer has to last me for at least a couple more years.  I saw a Land Rover Defender today and it got me excited; dream car.  Maybe some flash fiction will calm me down.  Damn you Starbucks and your super strong coffee I'm so fired up now.  I just want to go do a crazy workout, hit a heavy bag, or go for another insane run like Sunday night's hilly run through Wynnewood.  It's probably my pandora station that's fueling my fire right now.  I went away from my chill station to my screamo station which consists of bands like Senses Fail, Saosin, Armor for Sleep, Atreyu, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, amongst others.  I'm secretly jealous of my friend Sidney's music taste (not such a secret anymore).  Whenever she puts up songs or videos of songs on her blog I approve.   Sometimes I feel so immature that I still listen to my screamo.  I'm not an angsty teen any more; I'm an adult that for the most part has his shit together.  I should start listening to grown up music; that and fast pop when I want to rock out and/or dance. 


Starbucks coffee.  So Strong.  Amped up.

Screamo music.  Angry memories.  Calm Down.

Class tonight.  Nobody's going.  This blows.

That's all.  No more. Write tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm wearing a summer dress for the first time this year, it's awesome. I also have a strong desire to back chocolate chip cookies. I don't want to eat them I just want to make them. Maybe I'll give them o people of bring them into the office. I also have some stuff I want you to look at/read. I liked the haiku.

    (I'm commenting on this one because I didn't want to mention chocolate chip cookies on your super fitness post)

    ReplyDelete