Today started out not great but since then hasn't been too bad. I began the day getting a speeding ticket for a large sum of money. I'm thankful that there was only a fine with no points, and the officer was actually really nice. I can't stand it when police officers are rude or standoffish right off the bat. I always respect officers of the law and I appreciate when they treat me with the same respect. Anyway you would think that getting a large speeding ticket would have ruined my day but so far I'm ok with it. Maybe it's because I'm in denial or maybe my mind is on other things like my two huge projects that I have yet to finish. Come to think of it I probably should be working on them now as opposed to blogging about my day but whatever, if I don't write now I'm not going to write today. When I get home from class tonight I'll do Insanity and then PTFO.
So tired right now. You know it's bad when you have an iced venti Americano and you're still dead tired (that's four shots of espresso with water for those of you non coffee snobs). It tasted horrible and the only reason I bought it was for a wake up call. Probably should have taken Britt up on her offer of a Red Bull but whatever that stuff is poison anyway and I'm trying to lead a healthier lifestyle. I don't know how I'm going to make it through tonight but whatever I know I will, just like I know I'll finish my two final projects.
Today is my last super Wednesday and I'm so very happy about it. It's been going well so far minus the ticket and the fact that I forgot my hours sheet for my Downingtown observations so I'll have to drive there on Friday just to get my sheet signed. Not too psyched about that in the least. Anyway I taught two mini lessons at Downingtown and then I unexpectedly taught one mini lesson at Kennett High School about Sonnets. It was a good time, except for the fact that I realized my sonnets weren't written completely in Iambic Pentameter. Iambic Pentameter involves 5 unstressed syllables followed by 5 stressed syllables (I think that's the order but it could be the other way around; I should probably google that but for some reason I just don't feel like it right now because I'm already feeling guilty about blogging at a busy time like this). Anyway, in future sonnets I'll attempt to adhere to the Iambic Pentameter so we'll see how those turn out. Sonnets are also supposed to be love poems so maybe I'll start writing about love even though I don't have any of it in my life right now (romantic love I mean). I was going to take this post in another direction and now I've lost my focus; damn you Shakespeare and your sonnets for fascinating me. Oh I was really happy to find out that the student teacher at Kennett liked Britt and I the most out of all the Writing Zones mentors. She was so sweet and hugged us, it was really nice to know that she thought we did such a nice job. Hooray Writing Zones, great experience. On that note it's time for me to get some productive stuff done for the next three hours. Let the mediocrity continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment