I went in to my old job tonight to get my paycheck. I must admit I was very fearful of this interaction. In my mind I played it out like all of my former co-workers would drag me into the back room and take turns stomping the shit out of me. Yes I know, I have a crazy an irrational imagination, but that should make for excellent fiction in the future. Anyway, I was surprised that everyone at my former, very short-lived job was very nice about my departure. I got my check with no problem and talked to a few of my former co-workers for a little bit. I wanted to make sure that I went in there with my head held high. Some people told me to just have them mail it to me but I didn't want to bitch out and not go back in there. I'm glad I went in.
After that I went bowling with a buddy of mine and some of his college friends. He's only in town for the weekend so I was glad to have the opportunity to catch up with him. I got to play in the second game of bowling and I won after having a very poor start. Bowling is so much fun; I should do it more often. I'm a big fan of those classic late night games like bowling, pool, darts, and shuffle board (along with drinking games of course). I guess I'm just a sucker for competition but seriously who doesn't love games. Especially ping-pong, I've got to buy a table when I get my own place. Kyle and I had some epic matches when my sister was dog-sitting for these people who had a ping pong table in their basement. So much fun. I'll end with a haiku.
I must continue
A break on the horizon
Soon I'll feel the warmth
No comments:
Post a Comment