Sunday, April 10, 2011

Insanity

I didn't post yesterday, slacking bigtime I know.  I was exhausted from riverpalooza aka all day drink fest.  I was pretty well behaved for most of the day; paced myself so by nighttime I'd be fine to drive.  One really cool thing about yesterday was I met a childrens book author named Stevie.  I showed her my blog and so if she's reading it was really nice to meet you and I'm interested to check out your site more and read your writing.  Her website is www.steviefrench.com.Then I came home and watched Love and Other Drugs.  Definitely not what I expected and I was half awake for most of it.  My overall rating would be like a B-/C+.  I was also angry at Jake Gyllenhall for making me feel completely inferior.  The guy is cut from head to toe and I couldn't stand it the entire movie.  It made me think that I might need to change my approach once again to my exercising.  Although I did ramp it up to nearly 4 miles today with my run, I think it's time I tried a different circuit.

So this got me thinking on what I would try for my next circuit and I think I've come up with a solution.  I've seen an infomercial lately for this workout program called Insanity.  It looks excellent and I think it could be really great for me.  Apparently I guy I work with has tried it so I'll have to talk to him about it.  Maybe I could even borrow it from him or have him burn it for me.  I'll see what I can do but overall I'm excited for a new challenge when it comes to fitness.  With my new work schedule it's so hard to fit in both weight training and running; I hate that some days I have to choose either one or the other.  Oh well, I figure if I keep eating well and I exercise in some way almost every day of the week then that's pretty good.  I can't wait to get paid because now I just added one more thing to my 2011 wish list with insanity. 

So I've recently really wanted to hit an open-mic night and give stand-up comedy a shot.  I'm excited to try it out and I feel like I've got tough enough skin to take the boos and keep coming back for me.  I got a lot of crap when I was a kid and I think it really toughened me up to bounce back from whatever people do or say to me.  Plus I figure booing or not laughing is the crowd doing me a favor, because they're telling me that my material isn't funny and to try something else out.  And now I'll end with some flash fiction.

Joke Ideas.  Write Down.  Open Mic.

River Palooza. Met Girl. Didn't close.

Need Clothes. Working More. Next Paycheck.

Beach Season. New Workout. Buy Insanity.

Dirty room.  Need Time. Clean Soon. 

1 comment: