Monday, April 25, 2011

Macbeth Tomorrow

Tomorrow I'll begin my day bright and early with tutoring followed by a lesson demonstration to some twelfth graders.  I'm excited for my lesson demonstration, I'm giving an introductory lesson to Shakespeare's Macbeth.  Macbeth is my favorite of the Shakespearean tragedies that I've read and it's the play that got me to finally appreciate Shakespeare's writing.  Anyway, I'm excited and I hope it goes well.  Engaging twelfth graders can always be a challenge, especially at this time of the year so we'll see how tomorrow goes. 

So I'm in the home stretch of the semester.  A couple of big projects left and I'm very excited to nearly be finished with them.  It's going to be tough getting everything done in such a small window but I'm feeling good about things.  I just need to be super productive during any free time during this week, especially breaks during the day i.e Tuesday and Wednesday's mid-class breaks.  No worries I'll get everything done.  I may suffer from some more sleep loss towards the end of next week but it's the price I'll have to pay. 

Speaking of sleeping poorly, there was an excellent article in this month's issue of Men's Health (my favorite magazine).  There were too articles that had a lot to do with my current point in life.  One was on anger, wasn't so helpful, but funny how it was included in the magazine.  The other article was about trouble sleeping.  It discussed some possible solutions like memory foam and gel pads to put down on top of mattresses.  I think I might go with one of the gel pads because apparently the memory foam traps your body heat and that could be bad because body heat was one of the reasons why some people don't sleep well.  It also said people may not sleep well because of worries with money and smart phone addictions.  I think I'm going to start setting my phone on the calls-only setting when I go to bed and I'll start to use an alarm clock instead of the alarm on my phone.  That way I won't be so reliant on the phone and I won't have to worry about checking it.  I wish I could write more but tomorrow will be an early morning.  Cheers. 

1 comment:

  1. So many things are buzzing through my mind to write down in this comment. I feel like a kid without their ritalin or maybe this is what the inside of your head is like when you drink coffee. curious

    ReplyDelete