So I'm sitting at Starbucks, I won't say which one, but let's just say I come to this specific one because it's usually pretty quiet and I probably won't see people that I know. Not that I am completely opposed to seeing people that I know it's just I'm here to do work and not socialize. Ha, I say I'm here to do work yet I'm posting; a walking contradiction I am (as Yoda would say). Anyway I had to try to redeem myself from last night's nothingness. Plus I've already had enough of my final multigenre project. No bueno because it's still early but I'm already looking for excuses not to do any more work on it. I leave the house to go find a work space and I do no work typical. Why is it that we always work so well under pressure? Forgive me I know I've written about procrastination before but it honestly feels like I can only get quality work done when I'm under an immense amount of pressure. No worries I'll get back to my project in a bit. It's not that I haven't done any work it's just I could be doing more. I knocked out the easy parts today like the table of contents, title, and spacing. Plus I found some resources that I'm going to include in the appendix. Anyway I'm taking a pandora and blogging break. I really want to watch The League on Netflix. I always wanted to watch it but I worked, or had class (or some other BS) when it was on so I never got a chance to get into it. Now that I have I love it like I knew I would. I mean how could I not love a show where a fantasy football league totally runs the lives of 5 guys (I think it's five, for some reason I'm blanking on it right now). Either way if this internet connection allows for it I will watch the next episode in the near future.
Besides schoolwork not too much else on tap for today. I'll go home and get my Insanity on, maybe catch up with a friend later, but besides that I'm just trying to be productive. I figure if I get all the other stuff such as errands, phone calls, exercise, and TV watching out of the way early I'll have nothing left to do but schoolwork. Full proof strategy (is it full proof or fool proof? I don't know I'll have to google it)...yeah right. When does everything ever go to plan. Maybe I shouldn't always be so regimented and have plans. Oh well, in the long run it's probably a good thing that I am so regimented. Finals couldn't come at a worse time though. So much cool shit going down next weekend. 30 seconds to Mars concert, Janet's bday, and work drinks Friday night. Terrible timing, oh well. I'll have to manage some fun in between all the work next weekend. I'm itching for some creative writing right now. I hate to be repetitive but I feel like writing a Shakespearean sonnet. So here I go, if it's crap forgive me.
So dark and gloomy,
Oh how I hate April,
At least Starbucks is roomy,
Why does it rain still?
I miss the sun,
So much schoolwork,
This is no fun,
The creepy guy's beginning to lurk,
Why do you continue to stare?
Don't you have a home?
Please go over there,
He looks like a gnome,
This dude is so creepy,
And all this typing is making me sleepy.
Creepy guy or not you're at least getting your work done. I feel like last night was the last sleep I'm going to get for a little while.
ReplyDelete